Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

leveling idea

Old 07-15-2007, 06:17 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just had another thought and went and looked at my packing slip. I think FT uses the same components for the 2 door and the 4 door. Does anyone know if the other companies have different springs based on the model, and does this make a difference?

Last edited by sunburnt; 07-16-2007 at 08:58 AM.
Old 07-15-2007, 06:23 PM
TEV
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Duke
Its been said above, but you need the FT heavy duty front springs.
anywhere to get them besides straight from FT?
Old 07-15-2007, 06:24 PM
JK Freak

I believe that there are two different applications for 2 door and 4 door.
Old 07-15-2007, 06:26 PM
JK Newbie

Unfortunately there is no way to tell. My springs came in plastic bags but I checked them and there are no part numbers on the bags or on the springs.
Old 07-15-2007, 07:03 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by sunburnt
Unfortunately there is no way to tell. My springs came in plastic bags but I checked them and there are no part numbers on the bags or on the springs.
You need to call FT (dont email). Tell them the situation. I suspect they will fix the situation.
Old 07-15-2007, 07:03 PM
JK Freak

If you look at some sites there is seperate selections for the two, but i do understand what you are saying! You did put the springs in the right ends right? Maybe i should have came over and helped!
Old 07-16-2007, 01:25 AM
JK Newbie

I'm pretty sure everything is in correctly but that is no reason to assume. The springs were installed with the longer narrower coils up front and the shorter, wider ones in the rear.

As far as contacting Full Traction, last time I sent them an E-Mail about some missing parts they did respond first thing in the morning and the parts were shipped out next day. I would have prefered the kit was correct the first time, but you can't complain about how quickly they responded and corrected it.

BLKRuby, did you make it Drummund last weekend? I was jealous thinking about the trails after the 10th time I banged my knuckels into the frame.
Old 07-16-2007, 05:54 AM
I&I
JK Newbie

I wonder of this FT front lower than rear problem is just with the newer kits. I had to wait 4-5 weeks for mine and just recently got it installed. I can tell you honestly that the Jeep looks "funny" because of the lower front right after the lift is installed. My installer installed 4 FT kits the week they came in and everyone complained about the lower front. They do not seem like the correct springs that are shipped with the kit.

Can anyone do a pic with a newer FT kit installed vs. an older FT kit installed? I'd also like a pic of that FT with Skyjacker springs. Maybe some measurements from the pinch weld to the ground. That would help a lot. Did you get the springs directly from Skyjacker?
Old 07-16-2007, 12:16 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by sunburnt
I'm pretty sure everything is in correctly but that is no reason to assume. The springs were installed with the longer narrower coils up front and the shorter, wider ones in the rear.

As far as contacting Full Traction, last time I sent them an E-Mail about some missing parts they did respond first thing in the morning and the parts were shipped out next day. I would have prefered the kit was correct the first time, but you can't complain about how quickly they responded and corrected it.

BLKRuby, did you make it Drummund last weekend? I was jealous thinking about the trails after the 10th time I banged my knuckels into the frame.
I didn't make it to Drummond but still went north to Lake City, between Houghton Lake and Cadillac, and just did a few two track runs with some muddin, but nothing tough and almost all in 2wd.
Are you gonna go to the Jeep fest at 4wd in a few weeks?
Old 07-16-2007, 02:42 PM
JK Newbie

Quick update about the leveling issue. Pat from Full Traction did call me today and had a few questions. I need to check a few things for him and will have to pull my front springs off and get them some measurements. I was thrilled that they called me so quickly and are taking my questions seriously. Will be a few days before things get worked out but I will keep everyone updates. At this point I don't think I could ask for more.

BLKRuby, I hadn't thought about it. It looked pretty cool but I'm not sure I can get away. Do you have plan's to go?

Quick Reply: leveling idea