Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Leveling Kit

Old 11-24-2013, 04:16 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Leveling Kit

So, I have a 2" Mopar lift with 33" tires and I have added the AEV front and rear bumper. What will a leveling kit do for me? How will it impact my lift, ride, etc? I know next go around I want to go bigger...35s. Will adding a winch be adding too much weight and take away from my 2" lift? I was thinking a leveling kit 1" would benefit me. Who makes a solid kit and how hard to install?
Old 11-24-2013, 05:44 PM
JK Enthusiast

Any name brand spacer should be good. Daystar is fairly cheep. I added 1" TeraFlex spacers front and rear on top of my lift.
Old 11-24-2013, 05:49 PM
Ncb
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I wouldn't waste money on a leveling kit. All you need is a set of spacers for the front coils to offset the weight of a winch.
Old 11-24-2013, 06:48 PM
JK Junkie

X-2 install a 3/4 - 1" spacer on top of your front springs & it should make up for the added weight.
Old 11-24-2013, 07:59 PM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Ncb
I wouldn't waste money on a leveling kit. All you need is a set of spacers for the front coils to offset the weight of a winch.
Originally Posted by Gman*2007
X-2 install a 3/4 - 1" spacer on top of your front springs & it should make up for the added weight.
Yup! What they said. Teraflex, Daystar, etc. Very easy to install. Ride stays the same. I actually added 18/59 springs with leveling kit then added bumper with winch. Did not notice sag.

Last edited by catahoula; 11-25-2013 at 01:34 AM.
Old 11-25-2013, 01:14 AM
JK Enthusiast

I run a set of JKS ACOS. Last spacer ever needed.
Old 11-26-2013, 05:08 PM
JK Enthusiast

Will adding spacers impact the quality of ride or anything else? Just talking about 1 1/2" or less.
Old 11-26-2013, 06:17 PM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Spacers should not change your ride.
Old 11-26-2013, 07:12 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 162 Likes on 154 Posts

Originally Posted by Razorbak
Will adding spacers impact the quality of ride or anything else? Just talking about 1 1/2" or less.
Any suspension lift (coils or spacers) will have an affect. How noticeable it is depends on height. 1-1.5" won't be noticeable, but, since you are starting at 2", and ending at 3.5" or so do some more research.

The front pinion will tilt up, which lowers the caster a bit, which causes flightier steering. Both axles shift to one side. Brake lines are stretched tighter. Swaybar angles are steeper. Driveshaft angles are steeper.

Look at the components in some of the more complete 3-3.5" lifts and ask yourself why they are included. Or you could open the faq's and read the section on recommended components for various lift heights. (everyone will have a different opinion on what is needed at any particular height, so just gather the info and decide for yourself)
Old 11-26-2013, 08:16 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Razorbak
I would stay within 2-3" of total lift to still retain about the same quality of ride. Anything after that will result in wrong caster and could impact the quality of your ride. Did the Mopar lift come with a rear trackbar re-locator and front adjustable trackbar? Once above 2.5-3" of lift your axles will be noticeably off centered.

If you're worried about the front of your jeep sagging from adding a winch, place about 100lbs on the front bumper and see how far it sags and that will tell you if you think you need that extra lift or not.

Quick Reply: Leveling Kit