Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

leveling Stock JK ???

Old 10-23-2009, 05:47 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default leveling Stock JK ???

I know u have all heard this before, but I want to level out my JK. I have a 2 door and I installed the RC 3/4" leveling kit and it does not sit level... my plan is to put Rusty's 2" coils on the front and not touch the rear... then to install shocks all around. What do you guys think and which shocks give the best ride all around????

Thanks
Old 10-23-2009, 06:26 PM
JK Jedi Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I like bilstein shocks.
Old 10-25-2009, 07:38 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mkjeep
I like bilstein shocks.
I concur on the Bilsteins. My JK is the second Jeep I use them and I have yet to find a better one.
Old 10-26-2009, 06:03 AM
JK Freak

Nothing wrong with Bilsteins. There's a reason that Porsche uses them!! As for the levelling; mine needed 1.5" while others get away with 1". There's that much discrepancy in the differences of the front springs in these things.
Old 10-26-2009, 09:08 AM
JK Freak

I used 1 3/4" pucks in the front and 3/4" in the rear. The rake was reversed slightly, but I like the look a lot better. I didn't replace the shocks(didn't need to). I just did this to get me by til I can put on a real lift. It works good though.
Old 10-26-2009, 05:13 PM
JK Newbie

Thanks guys! That helps...

i am just curious will i need to do anything else if i put the 2" springs in the front stock springs in the rear and shocks all around? like longer brake lines or anything like that???

Quick Reply: leveling Stock JK ???