Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Lift help, please!

Old 03-26-2007, 07:28 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lift help, please!

Rusty’s makes a 3.5 inch that comes with springs, shocks, and track bars for about $550. No adjustable control arms, no break line extensions, no extended sway bar links, no bump stop extensions…

Is it that you don’t need all this other stuff on a JK (4 door)? Or, would you be expecting problems later?

I was planning on a FT ultimate. But, if you dont need all this junk on the JKs I wouldn't mind saving some cash.

Rusty’s Lift:
http://rustysoffroad.com/mm5/merchan...ry_Code=JKKITS

FT lift:
http://www.northridge4x4.com/proddet...?prod=FTS-7133
Old 03-26-2007, 07:38 AM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by greggradwohl
Rusty’s makes a 3.5 inch that comes with springs, shocks, and track bars for about $550. No adjustable control arms, no break line extensions, no extended sway bar links, no bump stop extensions…

Is it that you don’t need all this other stuff on a JK (4 door)? Or, would you be expecting problems later?

I was planning on a FT ultimate. But, if you dont need all this junk on the JKs I wouldn't mind saving some cash.

Rusty’s Lift:
http://rustysoffroad.com/mm5/merchan...ry_Code=JKKITS

FT lift:
http://www.northridge4x4.com/proddet...?prod=FTS-7133
"Need" is a relative term. No, you technically don't need all the extra parts if you don't mind a compromised ride. Although it is more expensive, the Full Traction Ultimate lift comes with everything you need to correct your suspension/steering geometry and dial in your ride after lifting it. And, in my opinion, it is a far superior kit no matter how you look at it and worth every penny.
Old 03-26-2007, 07:56 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by wayoflife
"Need" is a relative term. No, you technically don't need all the extra parts if you don't mind a compromised ride. Although it is more expensive, the Full Traction Ultimate lift comes with everything you need to correct your suspension/steering geometry and dial in your ride after lifting it. And, in my opinion, it is a far superior kit no matter how you look at it and worth every penny.
Thanks, wayoflife.
That is what I wanted to hear.
Old 03-26-2007, 11:31 AM
JK Newbie

I have a Rustys and it has an adustable front track bar, a adjustable rear track bar, coils, shocks, and extended bumps stops in the box. Only thing I see a problem with is extended sway bar links not included.
Old 03-26-2007, 09:53 PM
JK Enthusiast

I am running the Rusty's lift on both my 2 and 4 door. no problems here, no compromise here in rock country.
Old 03-27-2007, 12:45 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

when i lifted my TJ i went with a more budget kit, and pieced the rest together out of used parts on various forums and ebay. all told, i think i probably saved about $300, but i had to wait a bunch of months to finally get everything together. if you go this route, you will have to wait even longer, as there really are no used aftermarket parts for our rigs yet.

if you offroad it, you really should get the most complete kit you can, but that's just one man's opinion.
Old 03-27-2007, 05:30 AM
JK Enthusiast

You may want to call and ask if that picture of the kit is complete, I doubt it is. If you look closely at one of the Jeep pictures included in the photos, you can see brake line drop brackets....... And I highly doubt it doesn't come with bump stops.

husky~
Old 03-27-2007, 11:42 AM
JK Newbie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm wanting to run 35x12.5/18's...should I go with the Teraflex 2.5" BB or a 4" lift from Superlift (or Skyjacker).

I'm worried that if I go with the 2.5" I won't be as happy.
Old 03-27-2007, 12:49 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by j2dna
I'm wanting to run 35x12.5/18's...should I go with the Teraflex 2.5" BB or a 4" lift from Superlift (or Skyjacker).

I'm worried that if I go with the 2.5" I won't be as happy.
Tons of people use BB and are happy with them. Most only use them temporarily to clear the size tires they want until they decide on what and what kind of suspension for long term. When I say temporary, I've mean up to several years depending on how you use your jeep.
Old 03-27-2007, 01:06 PM
JK Enthusiast

I called les schwab and they just got aproved to install a 3" fabtech kit for around 500. I ordered it. They said it will be in around the first. The thing is its so new that he didnt even know what is in the kit. I cant find the kit anywhere. Has anyone tried a 3" fabtech? I'll come back and post here when I get or dont get the lift put on....

:toung:

Quick Reply: Lift help, please!