JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion

JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/)
-   Modified JK Tech (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/modified-jk-tech-2/)
-   -   Lift Kit for Looks Only (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/modified-jk-tech-2/lift-kit-looks-only-321559/)

LidLess07X 05-12-2015 04:03 PM

Originally Posted by O||||||O (Post 4098218)
Thank you all very much for the helpful information! I think I'm going to start off with some drop brackets. I should be getting some wheels soon so hopefully I can install everything at the same time, adjust tire pressure and get an alignment done :thumbsup:

Sounds like you are headed in the right direction. You have received some good advice.

I would be care cautious of making multiple changes at the same time. If you end up with any new symptoms it will be hard to tell what caused it.

Make your changes one at a time. It takes longer but is worth it in the end.

Unlimited_X 05-12-2015 04:25 PM

Pretty much known throughout the industry that AEV and OME are the only lifts that can improve the quality of the stock ride on the street.

You are also prob going to get more quality information on those companies in an overland/expedition forum. Not so much here.

And, your choice of tire makes a big difference. Dont buy mud tires for the street, stick with AT or street tires.

DunnyBunny 05-12-2015 04:28 PM

Originally Posted by Unlimited_X (Post 4098432)
Pretty much known throughout the industry that AEV and OME are the only lifts that can improve the quality of the stock ride on the street.

That's not really true.

Unlimited_X 05-12-2015 04:42 PM

Originally Posted by DunnyBunny (Post 4098435)
That's not really true.

well, the floor is yours ...

DunnyBunny 05-12-2015 04:51 PM

Originally Posted by Unlimited_X (Post 4098438)

well, the floor is yours ...

It's all opinion and preference to the driver. I like my RK coils and fox shocks better than stock. It corners better and handles better. Rides just as good or even better. It's all bout pairing the right shocks with the right coils and keeping the correct geometry.

nthinuf 05-12-2015 06:05 PM

Originally Posted by DunnyBunny (Post 4098435)
That's not really true.

I thought my OME coils/shocks gave a stiffer/harsher ride than stock, and I thought that my C rated MT's rode much better onroad than E rated AT's.

But hey, some guy on the internet posted that OME and AT's are better, so it must be true... :D

McHogfan 05-12-2015 07:13 PM

Originally Posted by nthinuf (Post 4098475)
I thought my OME coils/shocks gave a stiffer/harsher ride than stock, and I thought that my C rated MT's rode much better onroad than E rated AT's.

But hey, some guy on the internet posted that OME and AT's are better, so it must be true... :D

Bon Jour...:cool:

O||||||O 05-18-2015 05:25 AM

Update

1 Attachment(s)
So I ordered the AEV drop kit and installed it last week. Then I took the Jeep for a 8 hour trip over the weekend and it handles SO much better. I was driving 70 mph+ most of the time and I before the kit it would wander on the road...left..right..left..right. Constantly fighting it to keep it straight, but the drop kit has eliminated 90% percent of that.

Here is a picture of how much the angle changed when I installed one of the drop brackets:

(Dark picture)
Attachment 611267
The arm furthest in the picture has the drop bracket installed and the closest one does not.

Thank you to everyone who made suggestions and comments :thumbsup:

Detroit Steel 05-26-2015 02:14 PM

Front Page News!

Welcome! Thought we'd open this up to the front page too...
JK Forum Member Wants Lift Look With On-Road Performance - JK-Forum

avidjeeper 05-27-2015 12:26 AM

Question

What is the current brand of Spacer Lift that you are not happy with? I am looking to buy one for my Jeep soon.