Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Lift Question

Old 09-10-2012, 04:13 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lift Question

I have a 08 Jeep jk that i recentley purchased, and I dont roll around stock, haha. But anyways, i was looking into a lift kit that was decentley priced. I looked into the rubicon express 3.5 standard suspension kit and ill order bilstein shocks. If i were to get this, would i have to get anything that is not included in the kit?? ie. driveshafts, etc...??? Im new to the whole Jeep thing, so not sure what all I need, Thanks in advance,

Brett

(ps. Here is a link to the kit : Rubicon Express 3.5" Standard Suspension System for 07-13 Jeep® Wrangler Unlimited JK 4 Door - Quadratec
Old 09-10-2012, 04:21 PM
JK Enthusiast

You are going to need a new front drive shaft at that height. Not immediately but sometime in the near future. Also I wouldn't go with that kit. At that height you are going to want new CA's front and rear.

What tire size are you wanting to run? And what is your budget?
Old 09-10-2012, 04:22 PM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I'd avoid cam bolts if possible and look into other lifts, but that's just me. What size tires do you want to run and is it a 2 or 4 door? Check out Teraflex, Rock Krawler and Rancho too.
Old 09-10-2012, 05:55 PM
Super Moderator

Received 80 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by afpilot82
I'd avoid cam bolts if possible and look into other lifts, but that's just me. What size tires do you want to run and is it a 2 or 4 door? Check out Teraflex, Rock Krawler and Rancho too.
Agree. Skip anything with can bolts and go with adjustable control arms
Old 09-11-2012, 11:53 AM
JK Newbie

It's a 4 door, and I wanna be able to run 35s but still be able to run 37 if I want to, and what kits are good to get, I'm not looking to spend any more tha 1200 on the lift kit
Old 09-11-2012, 05:38 PM
JK Newbie

Rock Krawler has a couple options that you can look at, I know that they're 2.5 lift (multiple configurations) can fit 35's and 37's with flat fenders (depending on how you off road you will experience rubbing). I have the 3.5 X-Factor lift, which is a little more expensive $1700, however, it's essentially a complete kit (no rubbing at all with 35's). I got all the front and rear control arms, front and rear track bars, steel brake lines and shocks with their "lifetime" warranty on all hard parts. I've been very pleased with it.
Old 09-11-2012, 05:49 PM
JK Freak

Do someone research on lifts. There are some better quality lifts out there for what you want. I went with a 2.5" Teraflex coil lift and added the Bilsteins. I got the lift used for $350 and shocks on sale for $300. I'm running 35s and had some rubbing on the front air damn but wound up getting a new bumper and no problems now. With that size lift you don't need new control arms or drive shafts.

Quick Reply: Lift Question