Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

lift question...

Old 03-22-2014, 08:08 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default lift question...

I want to stay with my stock rims and tires bc they r still new p255 70r18 but put a lift on my jeep...any suggestions or comments about a 2-3 inch budget boost..yah or nah?? Pro or cons??? Thanks much appreciated. .
Old 03-22-2014, 08:28 PM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 363 Likes on 289 Posts

Why stop at 3"? How about 6"?
Old 03-22-2014, 08:35 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Please read.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3764705936.jpg
Views:	211
Size:	28.6 KB
ID:	539670  
Old 03-22-2014, 08:41 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by BlackRockBurner
Please read.
Then ask yourself what trails will you run. That will answer what size tires and size and type of lift in your future. Before you buy tires or lift, buy recovery gear. Most important, take it off road now fully stock.

( my bad- this post was meant to go as edit to above post)

Last edited by BlackRockBurner; 03-22-2014 at 08:44 PM.
Old 03-22-2014, 09:26 PM
JK Freak

With very little detail about what you plan to do with your rig, the Teraflex 2.5'' budget boost seems to be a super popular choice. Can be had for around $260 I believe last time I checked.
Old 03-23-2014, 12:40 AM
JK Junkie

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by wranglergrl89
I want to stay with my stock rims and tires bc they r still new p255 70r18 but put a lift on my jeep...any suggestions or comments about a 2-3 inch budget boost..yah or nah?? Pro or cons??? Thanks much appreciated. .

Instead of the useless comments from the first poster, have a look at what you want from your rig, if your just looking for a little extra clearance and looks, get a teraflex leveling kit. I run one and its perfect for what im doing. I use my rig as a daily driver with weekend backcountry exploring. I run 285's and Im not going to be going any bigger. I do not need anymore lift than my leveling kit gives me. I also run Monroe reflex and these give my jeep a much more controlled and better ride on and off road. I got my teraflex leveling kit for 130 and you can get the Monroe shocks for buy one get one at times from major parts centers.
Old 03-23-2014, 08:28 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Kojack

Instead of the useless comments from the first poster, have a look at what you want from your rig, if your just looking for a little extra clearance and looks, get a teraflex leveling kit. I run one and its perfect for what im doing. I use my rig as a daily driver with weekend backcountry exploring. I run 285's and Im not going to be going any bigger. I do not need anymore lift than my leveling kit gives me. I also run Monroe reflex and these give my jeep a much more controlled and better ride on and off road. I got my teraflex leveling kit for 130 and you can get the Monroe shocks for buy one get one at times from major parts centers.
Thanks so much how much does the leveling in lift??? I literally want my ride to stay smooth n keep my stock tires n rims but be able yo do basic trails nothing intense
Old 03-23-2014, 08:32 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by D3ADLY
With very little detail about what you plan to do with your rig, the Teraflex 2.5'' budget boost seems to be a super popular choice. Can be had for around $260 I believe last time I checked.
Would I need anything else with the budget boost..? Meaning the kits are usually all I need nothing else??
Old 03-23-2014, 08:40 AM
JK Super Freak

The teraflex leveling kit adds 2" up front and 1" in the rear. do the front first some times the front is all you need to level the jeep.
Old 03-23-2014, 08:42 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 361 Likes on 269 Posts

Originally Posted by wranglergrl89
Thanks so much how much does the leveling in lift??? I literally want my ride to stay smooth n keep my stock tires n rims but be able yo do basic trails nothing intense
Your Jeep is already able to do that. A lift will give you exceedingly little in improved performance off-road (slightly better approach and departure angles). While Dirtman did give you that flippant response ("6 inches"), he is also the author of the very informative sticky about lifts that is at the top of the page. You (and anyone) really would be better to do two things before posting any question about lifts on this forum:

1. Read that sticky.

2. Wheel your Jeep as is. It will do way more than what you think, I'll bet. And adding a small lift isn't going to make much change in that (if you read the sticky, then you'll know why that's true).

My Jeep before a lift with the stock SRA tires ...

Good luck!

Quick Reply: lift question...