Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Lift question.

Old 10-13-2008, 11:32 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Lift question.

I have a 2.5" suspension lift and 33" tires. I think I'd like a 4" lift and get some 35"s. Can I do a 1-2" body lift to achieve this, or do I need to replace what I have. What other things need to be addressed, ie., drive shafts, brake lines, etc.? I got beat up pretty good at the Texas Spur last month and want to try to avoid this in the future.
Old 10-13-2008, 11:59 AM
JK Enthusiast

a 1 inch body lift will clear 35's but may rub just a little at full flex. With a 2 inch BL you shouldnt have any problems. Also, if everything runs good as is, a body lift should require anything additional, (maybe trimming around the shifter, but i think that's manuals only)
Old 10-13-2008, 01:08 PM
JK Enthusiast

Thumbs up

I'm not a fan of the body lift to clear only 35's.... 37's probably.
1. Because you are scraping the JK across everything now?
just to get another 1" in clearance going from 33's to 35's... The body lift adds nothing other then that therefore your skids are only 1" higher up when it's all said and done.

2. Adding 1" or so coil spacers is probably the cheapest way to go to clear 35's... But consider brake lines, adjustable track bars, etc. So it can honestly get expensive quickly, Especially compared to just buying an OME kit from Northridge4x4... And reselling the 2.5 lift to cover a lot of the costs.
I hope this helps, Good luck either way.
Old 10-13-2008, 01:20 PM
JK Enthusiast

both suggestions have valid points...i guess it depends on how u wheel
Old 10-13-2008, 04:18 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Outdoors
. The body lift adds nothing other then that therefore your skids are only 1" higher up when it's all said and done.
X2
Old 10-14-2008, 01:07 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Outdoors
I'm not a fan of the body lift to clear only 35's.... 37's probably.
1. Because you are scraping the JK across everything now?
just to get another 1" in clearance going from 33's to 35's... The body lift adds nothing other then that therefore your skids are only 1" higher up when it's all said and done.

2. Adding 1" or so coil spacers is probably the cheapest way to go to clear 35's... But consider brake lines, adjustable track bars, etc. So it can honestly get expensive quickly, Especially compared to just buying an OME kit from Northridge4x4... And reselling the 2.5 lift to cover a lot of the costs.
I hope this helps, Good luck either way.
I'm not scraping over everything. Only at the Texas Spur Jeep Jamboree, where most of the the trails are rated 7 - 10. On my other trip to Llano; to Long's Ranch (about 20 miles away), I only scraped once.

Quick Reply: Lift question.