Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Lifted '07 / '08 with ESP

Old 10-30-2007, 12:33 AM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lifted '07 / '08 with ESP

Hello All,

Any members here with a lifted '07 or '08 JK. If so do you have any problems with the ESP after installing the lift. I plan on installing a 4" lift kit on a '08 Wrangler unlimited X - 4dr. I was reading the installation instruction on a particular lift kit and the company recommended the CPU to be reflashed in order for the ESP to function properly....(see below)...Thanks...

"ESP WARNING NOTE: The new 2007 Jeep Wrangler JK is equipped an Electric Stability Program (ESP). This system is designed to help control the vehicle in times of uncertain traction conditions and roll stability. Due to the complex nature of this program Rubicon Express strongly suggest that after lifting the vehicle it is returned to the dealer for a computer “flash” to re address tire size and proper ESP control settings. Rubicon Express also recommends that you become familiar with the ESP controls and how the different level of settings can help you to keep better control of your vehicle."
Old 10-30-2007, 04:29 AM
JK Enthusiast

Cya..................
Old 10-30-2007, 04:31 AM
JK Freak

I don't think anybody here has a lifted jeep. I know i lowered mine 3 inches and it handles like a champ now
Old 10-30-2007, 04:39 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by MAROONJEEP
I don't think anybody here has a lifted jeep. I know i lowered mine 3 inches and it handles like a champ now
Do you road race or hit the drag strip?!
Old 10-30-2007, 04:45 AM
JK Jedi Master

enough with the smartass comments....

As I said on the other site,.

The main reason for ESP issues is not recentering the steering wheel, and the front pinion angle can cause this..

Do a search on here, theres tons of topics on this. also look at the F&Q
https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/modified-jk-tech-2/modified-tech-faq-answers-questions-every-newbie-has-18617/

check out post #7, it deals with ESP issues

If theres anything else, let me know.
Old 10-30-2007, 04:46 AM
JK Freak

sorry about that. Im done now
Old 10-30-2007, 04:47 AM
JK Jedi Master

sorry about that. Im done now
its alright, i didnt want it getting out of hand. he's a newbie, we need to make him feel welcome.. not run him away...
Old 10-30-2007, 05:22 AM
JK Freak

I have the 3 inch full traction ultimate and i am having a few issues with the esp but it seems to be getting better as time goes by.
Old 10-30-2007, 05:26 AM
JK Jedi Master

I have the 3 inch full traction ultimate and i am having a few issues with the esp but it seems to be getting better as time goes by.
whats your front pinion angle? I had mine off by 2 degree's it was horrible! You can adjust them control arms so much, it hard to get it exact.

I cant tell you how many times i've adjusted mine, I had it perfect, then I installed new shafts, and its very precise to get them both set properly..
Old 10-30-2007, 06:04 AM
JK Freak

My pinion angle has to be off since I have no adjustable control arms. I don't have any ESP issues though. My only thought there is that I put the lift on w/only about 200 miles on the Jeep... so maybe it was still 'learning' and it has just adapted since it never new any better.

When I adjusted my track bar, the ESP went crazy... then I realized how far off my steering wheel was. The computer basically thought I was driving like a mad man (Jeep turning to the left w/the steering wheel still pointed to the right ). Straightened the steering up and everything was fine again.

Quick Reply: Lifted '07 / '08 with ESP