Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Lifted, caster compromising and offset balljoints

Old 01-23-2013, 02:36 PM
JK Freak

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Lifted, caster compromising and offset balljoints

Soooo.....my stock Bjs lasted 13k miles with 35s on only the last 5k. So replacing them got me wondering why there isn't more discussion about using offset ball joints to gain a better pinion angle with the lifted rigs while still retaining a good caster setting.

For instance, my caster is 4.5-5' which gives me decent/acceptable tracking but I wouldn't like to go any further due to the cranky pinion angle, even though I have a CV shaft. But if I want to put in offset BJs with,say 2', I could either keep that caster setting and improve the pinion angle or add even more caster for improved handling and keep the same pinion angle. (well, I could add 1' of caster and improve the pinion angle by 1')

Are folks just not having luck with the offset units lasting, just not worrying about it in the first place, or don't like the brand options available?

P.S. Adjustable C.A.s

Quick Reply: Lifted, caster compromising and offset balljoints