Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

which lifts is best?

Old 06-09-2011, 10:21 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mook8651
looking to lift my 11 jk either 2"-3" just enough to fit up to a 35" tire.

Now I was gona go with the mopar kit to keep it under warranty but hear aftermarkets one are better for cheaper...
You need to understand "any" life or any "aftermarket" things put on especially lifts VOID warranty. Wayoflife the user who runs the server and is very knowledgeable about jeeps etc. He had a recent problem with one of his Jeeps that was upgraded and got "flagged" to void warranty work on the jeep etc by one of the dealerships. Which effected his jeep at every Jeep dealership nationwide. He stated that even Mopar kits + installed @ a Jeep dealership still voids the warranty. Which is retarded. It is the policy of Chrystler that everything which is not 100% stock and has aftermarket upgrades in the suspension need to be flagged as no longer eligiable for warranty work.

Having said that. Do what you want upgrade wise man. If you want Mopar and got the cash for it go for it. If you don't wanna spend that much dough on it then find something that suits what you want to do with you jeep and go for it. Unless the voiding of the warranty is a deal killer for you just got what you want IMO.

P.S. The post I was referencing is under the Modified thread at the top it has been stickied. It is titled "lifting jeep will void warranty" or something to that nature.

Last edited by Newjeepster; 06-09-2011 at 10:22 AM. Reason: Put in P.S.
Old 06-09-2011, 10:40 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Warrentee's are dumb, throw rocks at them.

Quick Reply: which lifts is best?