Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Locker bypass switch

Old 08-05-2010, 05:39 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Locker bypass switch

So a while ago I spliced some wires by the battery for the electronic lockers on my Rubicon so I can manually activate them to my liking regardless of what position the transfer case is in. Now generally when I do this and the locker activates, the locker light flashes. However as of late when I activate the locker, sometimes the light flashes and other times it doesn't. I thought it was just a loose connection but in fact the locker does still activate and you can hear the solenoid, just no flashing light.

Not that big of a deal, but I was curious if anyone else had this happen?
Old 08-08-2010, 05:59 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We did my dad's 2010 Rubicon with the instructions available from eBay. When you select the switch we installed to engage the locker by breaking the ground the light on the dash flashes showing the locker is on.

Haven't noticed it not working but we don't lock down often. I'm running the wires today to install my bypass switches. I'll pay attention and let you know.

Quick Reply: Locker bypass switch