Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Lockers for Unlimited X...

Old 10-21-2006, 02:56 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lockers for Unlimited X...

Anyone know if ARB or anyone has made a rear locker to put on an Unlimited X, without the trac-lok? I have a unlimited x coming that is the base model... so i don't have the 4.0:1 gears or anything, My plan was to save money and get aftermarket lockers later anyway. I'll be running 33's as soon as it's ready for me to pick up, and I'll be wheeling it hard.

Or is there any way to get the rubicon's lockers afterwords?
Old 10-21-2006, 03:15 PM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

I know that Superior Axle & Gear is working on a Super Kit which is basically a complete upgrade package that'll include lockers, gears and axles. Hoping to see it in November
Old 10-21-2006, 03:17 PM
JK Super Freak

That sounds good, but I'm just getting worried now, b/c I thought that all jeep 4x4's would have some sort of limited slip rear end, especialy since it's a Dana 44. You know how good the "break lock" stuff works? is that like the ABS breaks locking the spinning wheel and allowing the power to transfer to the other wheel?
Old 10-21-2006, 03:29 PM
JK-Forum Founder

Actually, the ESP (the computer controled antilock breaks) is supposed to work pretty well but of course nothing as good as a real locker would be. I'd be willing to be that you'd do okay until you get to upgrade
Old 10-21-2006, 04:23 PM
JK Super Freak

Thanks for the info. My main concern is if the brake stuff is as good as the limited slip rear end, i know that neither are as good as a locker. I just traded in an 05 xterra with a limited slip rear end and abs brakes that did really good offraod, and I don't want to be going backwards in my capabilities, the whole reason for trading it in on the jeep was b/c I wanted a better 4x4
Old 10-21-2006, 05:10 PM
JK-Forum Founder

I have seen them tested out and they seemed to do the job pretty well. Either way, coming from an IFS Xterra, your new JK will definetly be an improvement
Old 10-21-2006, 05:16 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by wayoflife
I have seen them tested out and they seemed to do the job pretty well. Either way, coming from an IFS Xterra, your new JK will definetly be an improvement
That's what i'm hoping!! I am way upside down too, so i'm paying rubicon prices for the X, but it will all be worth it in the long run! just the prices I'll save on aftermarket stuff alone will make the upside down difference up. it would have cost me about 7 to 10K to SAS my xterra, so i'm one up already! plus the gears in the unlimited X are better then the xterra too. I can't wait, supposed to get it monday, and already have my new Soft 8's ready to put on it with my 33's mudders!
Old 10-22-2006, 04:55 AM
JK Super Freak

Why are you paying Rubicon prices for an X?
Old 10-22-2006, 07:29 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Phishjeep
Why are you paying Rubicon prices for an X?
Well I was really upside on my Xterra (I owed more then it was worth). but I put some money down to offset what was financing, but basically I am still financing more then the Unlimited X is worth. I know it is not the smartest thing to do, but I need this jeep! To me it is totally worth it. I am planning on paying extra every month to fill the gap of what I owe vs. what the new jeep will be worth, so hopefully in a year or so I can refinance and get it back to a more normal amount.

Hope that helps you understand... so kids, don't try this at home, only an insane man would pay more for a jeep then it worth :confused:
Old 10-23-2006, 10:22 AM
JK Freak

I am also insane:p

Not as far gone as you are but my 5 year old car was a wee bit upside down. Won't be the case for this vehicle, since jeep wranglers hold value a ton better than my old rodeo did.

Plus it was worth the difference to be the first kid on my block with the new toy.

Quick Reply: Lockers for Unlimited X...