Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LoD Bumper Finished Bumper Pics

Old 01-31-2007, 01:02 PM
JK Jedi Master

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I ordered my front bumper on the 26th. Just waiting for it to get here. Hurry, hurry, hurry!
Old 01-31-2007, 07:16 PM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by mikejwil
Those are very nice indeed! Are there any plans to offer a rear bumper without the tire carrier?
Yes. LoD is supposed to send me pricing on those very soon.

Originally Posted by beachbum
I appreciate your reply, I'm glad to know the lights can be made to aim straight ahead, I'm also sure that you can weld something on the hinge pin to prevent the tire carrier from being removed, I just don't think you should have to, I'm sure this could be overcome with a little creative engineering on the manufactures behalf. I think it should be made so that when the tire carrier is swung open it could be lifted off the bumper, and when the tire carrier is closed it's locked onto the hinge pin, and could be locked on the other side where the latch is. It doesn't appear that the tool box locks either, in my opion it should, to me it's basically useless if I can't lock it.
From what I've been told, the lock tumbler LoD was planning on using was too tall and hit the hitch receiver inside. They will look into this more and see if they can find a different lock or viable solution. As far as the hinge pin, I have not heard of a single instance in the past 3 years where someone did what you are suggesting could happen but I will be sure to pass on the info to LoD.

Originally Posted by Archer
Eddie, I couldn't tell from the pics but I see a little rust on the bumper pivot point for the rear tire A frame. Is there a grease fitting on the A frame itself? Also in the little extras bag is there some sort of bushing that the A frame rides on so its not digging into the bumper as you swing it? Thanks
Amazingly, it had been raining a bit here in otherwise sunny SoCal and so a bit of rust did form on the pin. However, yes, there is a zerk nipple on the hinge to allow for greasing. As far as the base goes, the only bushing there is the bronze one that is part of the hinge itself.
Old 02-01-2007, 05:36 AM
JK Newbie

It's not noticable in the picture, is there a hole on the inside of the reciever hitch to allow a locking pin to go though?
Old 02-01-2007, 05:42 AM
Eternal ***erator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by coyotesfan
It's not noticable in the picture, is there a hole on the inside of the reciever hitch to allow a locking pin to go though?
That is a very good question!, haden't thought of it, but that is a very needed feature!

I do not see it in this prototype/prepaint shot either...

(although this one did answer my question about the weather seal. :sad: )

Old 02-01-2007, 05:51 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Would you have to open the storage door to pop the retainer pin for a tow hitch?
Old 02-01-2007, 06:05 AM
JK Freak

Well of course there is a pin.That's what I thought the door was for. The angle of the shot hides enough square tube to also hide the pin location. I can't fathom it being behind the whole bumper. You couldn't grab just any off the shelf tongue and expect it to fit if that was the case.
Old 02-01-2007, 06:08 AM
JK Freak

The way I see it, no weather seal means you got yourself an automated strap washer
Just drop muddy straps in drive two hours in the rain & voila! Slightly less muddy straps.

On the locking too;box note: Seems if you could lock the tire in the gate closed position, there whould be no need for a locking box. Can't imagine being able to steal anything thicker than a few sheets of paper if the tires in place.
Old 02-01-2007, 06:21 AM
Eternal ***erator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Well, there is a good idea.
  • Make the tire carrier lockable.
  • This would "lock" the toolbox area closed by default of the spare being in the way. (Assuming of course it is big enough to block opening it AND it is installed at the time, and has a wheel lock. If you get a flat, your toolbox wont lock)
  • If the hitch pin is in the toolbox, it would not need to be a locking pin, assuming your spare is inflated, and installed, and wheel locked, and of sufficient size to keep it closed.

Ugh. I am getting lost.

Last edited by HappyCurmudgeon; 02-01-2007 at 06:25 AM.
Old 02-01-2007, 07:07 AM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by coyotesfan
Yep

Originally Posted by Cesar
Would you have to open the storage door to pop the retainer pin for a tow hitch?
Yep again

Originally Posted by "HappyCurmudgeon
Make the tire carrier lockable.
This would "lock" the toolbox area closed by default of the spare being in the way. (Assuming of course it is big enough to block opening it AND it is installed at the time, and has a wheel lock. If you get a flat, your toolbox wont lock)
If the hitch pin is in the toolbox, it would not need to be a locking pin, assuming your spare is inflated, and installed, and wheel locked, and of sufficient size to keep it closed.
Now there's an idea. I'll have to pass it along to the right people
Old 02-01-2007, 08:21 AM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It should be a combination lock, no keys to lose. One that is attached, no lock to lose.

Quick Reply: LoD Bumper Finished Bumper Pics