Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

LOD front bumper

Old 03-20-2007, 05:10 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LoD Rear bumper write up?

WOL, any tricks or instruction available for installing the rear bumper? I expect delivery in the next day or so. Not sure if I will be getting the "newer" updated version or the older one...hopefully the newer ones with the kinks worked out. The order went in 3 weeks ago.

Side note: I'll be posting a new thread showing the installation of some roof rails on the hard top. My friend at Fisher's Automotive had a set of factory roof racks in his warehouse off a Tahoe. He thought they might look pretty good on the JK. Guess what? They look great! They excet Yakima or Thule load bars with the repsective rail mounts.
Old 03-20-2007, 05:25 PM
JK Enthusiast

I was on the first list to get mine and it took 2 weks from order to doorstep. I bought the front and the rear. I have installed neither since the Jeep is not here. Its been on order since Oct 19, 2006. They both arrived with the boxes beat to hell. The bumpers were ok but there are some imperfections in the powdercoating. I sure hope that I dont have the issues with the rear that some are having.
Old 03-21-2007, 03:00 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by hogies
WOL, any tricks or instruction available for installing the rear bumper? I expect delivery in the next day or so. Not sure if I will be getting the "newer" updated version or the older one...hopefully the newer ones with the kinks worked out. The order went in 3 weeks ago.

Side note: I'll be posting a new thread showing the installation of some roof rails on the hard top. My friend at Fisher's Automotive had a set of factory roof racks in his warehouse off a Tahoe. He thought they might look pretty good on the JK. Guess what? They look great! They excet Yakima or Thule load bars with the repsective rail mounts.
Can't waite to see the roof rack, this is something I've been thinking about and need to do. Sure helps free up space for vacation trips.
Old 03-21-2007, 05:19 AM
JK Newbie

Default Racks

My JK will be in the shop tomorrow for installation of the front and rear bumpers, so this weekend I'll get some pictures uploaded showing both the racks and bumpers...two different threads though.
Old 03-21-2007, 05:30 AM
JK Super Freak

My JK will be in the shop tomorrow for installation of the front and rear bumpers, so this weekend I'll get some pictures uploaded showing both the racks and bumpers...two different threads though.
If you would, I would like to know what they charged for the install, and how long it took them, any problems, exetra...... Thanx.
Old 03-21-2007, 05:34 AM
JK Newbie

Will do. I plan to be there during the installation.
Old 03-21-2007, 05:42 AM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Unfortunately, I haven't seen or done an install of the new bumper (which you should be getting) and so I can't say for certain what all you will need to do. If it's anything like the one I got, it should go on easier than the front and at least one hole will need to be drilled through the rear cross member. I'm pretty sure that the new side brackets will require 2 holes (one on each side) to be drilled on the side of your frame rails as well and the brackets should act as your template making it easy to locate where you need to drill.
Old 03-21-2007, 06:15 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by wayoflife
Unfortunately, I haven't seen or done an install of the new bumper (which you should be getting) and so I can't say for certain what all you will need to do. If it's anything like the one I got, it should go on easier than the front and at least one hole will need to be drilled through the rear cross member. I'm pretty sure that the new side brackets will require 2 holes (one on each side) to be drilled on the side of your frame rails as well and the brackets should act as your template making it easy to locate where you need to drill.
You will need to drill (2) holes on each side of your frame rails and will need to drill one hole thru the cross member. One hole on the cross member went thru and for some reason the other was a blind hole. You will see these inside the tool box. I would suggest that if you use the bracket (A loose piece with five holes in it) as a template put the bumper in place start all of the screws you can in to the bumper. Put the OEM screws that came out when you removed the old bumper into the holes that are in the loose bracket and this should line you up pretty good.
Old 03-21-2007, 06:34 AM
JK Super Freak

A few more things for the rear bumper. If you did not get the bumper w/tire carrier you will need to buy (unless they just forgot to give me mine) (8) 7/16" nut's (course thread) and washers for the tire relocation brackets, and will have to drill open (2) holes on the OEM tire bracket.
Old 03-21-2007, 08:56 AM
JK Newbie

It took me three weeks to get the bumper.............and three weeks to figure out how to get the last bolt (pass side closest to the sway disco solenoid) into the powerplant winch. If you put this bumper on a Rubi, be aware that bolt on the Powerplant design winch is a bi-atch!

Another problem when using with the Warn Powerplant is the drum does not line up with the fairlead....I will post pics showing this later.

BB

Last edited by B.B.; 03-21-2007 at 08:59 AM.

Quick Reply: LOD front bumper