Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

LOD Signature Series Shorty arrived and installed.

Old 02-29-2008, 12:54 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice looking bumper. I just had it in my mind that I was going with Shrockworks, and then I see this one! What made you choose LoD?
Old 02-29-2008, 01:35 PM
JK Enthusiast

Great looking bumper! Definitely am considering this one.

LOD, if you see this, in my opinion if you angle the front hoop forward some it will greatly improve the looks. From the photos here it appears to be going straight up and down.
Old 02-29-2008, 02:07 PM
JK Freak

WoW! I really didn't think I did that bad in the world of income's but is it me or does everybody else here not care to ask how much this bumper is? ;-) It does not say on the LOD website either.....VBS4----->How much?
Old 02-29-2008, 02:36 PM
JK Freak

Awsome bumper, but i to think it would make the bumper look that much better if the hoop was angled slightly forward. Other then that, great job LOD.

What is this bumper running for 600+
Old 02-29-2008, 02:39 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Rebel Heart
Nice looking bumper. I just had it in my mind that I was going with Shrockworks, and then I see this one! What made you choose LoD?
I originally wanted the shrockworks also. I just didn't want the 6 weeks - 2 month waiting period.
So I started looking around and found LOD. Everywhere I looked, I found great reviews about the LOD midwith bumper. Just when I was getting ready to order it, I saw the release of LOD's Signature series shorty. Needless to say I really liked it. The best part...they reported a 1 week turn around. Mine arrived 1 1/2 weeks after I ordered it.
I love it!!!
The quality and Craftsmanship of this bumper is top noch.

Originally Posted by joemauma
Great looking bumper! Definitely am considering this one.

LOD, if you see this, in my opinion if you angle the front hoop forward some it will greatly improve the looks. From the photos here it appears to be going straight up and down.
I ordered mine directly from LOD. When I talked to them I was originally concerned with the look of the straight up and down hoop. He actually told me if I wanted it angled forward they would do it for me. Like I've said, wow on customer service. I decided not to take the chance and just go with his opinion. I'm glad I did.
Now that I've see it in person, I like the up and down hoop. It looks really nice in person.

Originally Posted by scootrrydr
WoW! I really didn't think I did that bad in the world of income's but is it me or does everybody else here not care to ask how much this bumper is? ;-) It does not say on the LOD website either.....VBS4----->How much?
$499 for the bumper

$69 for the skid plate

You have the option of not buying the skid.

I think some people will be very happy without the skid. I was amazed how finished the bumper was underneath. It's finished and solid all the way back to the crossmember.

I'm glad I bought the skid though.
Old 02-29-2008, 02:51 PM
JK Super Freak

VBS4 - thanks for posting the info. It does look nice! Looks like I see a LoD in my future too.
Old 02-29-2008, 04:48 PM
JK Enthusiast

For anyone interested in buying one of these and want install instructions....

I've created a how-to:

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...d=1#post365330
Old 03-07-2008, 08:23 AM
JK Enthusiast

LODs site says there are 2 different powder coatings and extra light tabs. What kind of powder coating did you get? Can you do away with the extra light tabs? I have the sway bar disconnect on my Rubicon, does the skid plate clear this? Thanks for the great install how to!
Old 03-07-2008, 08:49 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Black Ruby
LODs site says there are 2 different powder coatings and extra light tabs. What kind of powder coating did you get? Can you do away with the extra light tabs? I have the sway bar disconnect on my Rubicon, does the skid plate clear this? Thanks for the great install how to!
You're welcome

According to what I was told, the textured powdercoat is standard. You would have to ask if you want the smooth finish. I have the textured and wouldn't get it any other way. I really like it.

I'm sure you could order it without the light tabs. It's less work for them. You would have to call LOD directly to verify that.

According to LOD's site, they made the skid for rubicons to protect E disconects.

Last edited by VBS4; 03-07-2008 at 04:29 PM.
Old 03-07-2008, 09:36 AM
JK Enthusiast

It looks good from the front....
But HOLY COW, it sticks out 12.5" ?
Im looking for a new bumper, but I dont want to loose my approach angle.
As it is my Mopar bumper is only 7.5", 8.5" to the PureJeep d-ring mounts from the grill, and I still hit things with it while trying to climb over objects.
I guess Im going to have to wait it out for a Shrockworks
Originally Posted by VBS4
From the plastic grill to the front of the bumper: 12.5"

Quick Reply: LOD Signature Series Shorty arrived and installed.