Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Long Arm

Old 09-30-2009, 01:19 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Long Arm

I am new to jeepin and want to know the advantages of a la on the jk. The final plan on my jeep is to run 37's with a 4 inch with. I am looking at teraflex kits. Would I be better with a la kit or just a kit with flex arms.
Old 09-30-2009, 01:24 PM
JK Jedi

It all depends on what your plans are for the jeep and how your going to use it.

IMO LA gives a better ride more articulation. and a solid platform to go Coilover in the future. So if your a rock crawling fanantic go LA. On the JKproject Eddie just posted up Mel from EVO with his long arm set with coilovers and EVO lever doing some serious rock crawling. Check er out. If ya have any more questions feel free to PM me.

One last thing they are very labor intensive installs and they need welding.
Old 09-30-2009, 01:26 PM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Alf1096
I am new to jeepin and want to know the advantages of a la on the jk. The final plan on my jeep is to run 37's with a 4 inch with. I am looking at teraflex kits. Would I be better with a la kit or just a kit with flex arms.
I have that same combo on mine! Yes your JK will handle better off-road/on-road with the LA vs. SA setup. Give me a call for any questions.
Old 09-30-2009, 03:01 PM
JK Jedi Master

Originally Posted by wildandwillin
It all depends on what your plans are for the jeep and how your going to use it.

IMO LA gives a better ride more articulation. and a solid platform to go Coilover in the future. So if your a rock crawling fanantic go LA. On the JKproject Eddie just posted up Mel from EVO with his long arm set with coilovers and EVO lever doing some serious rock crawling. Check er out. If ya have any more questions feel free to PM me.

One last thing they are very labor intensive installs and they need welding.
Not really, buy a bolt on. Its very easy, You need a grinder, and a drill

that is once you get the stock brackets off. They dont come off so easy.
Old 09-30-2009, 03:26 PM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yup those brackets make it fun to remove. FYI TeraFlex LA brackets are welded on for strength and durability like the stock brackets.
Old 09-30-2009, 03:38 PM
JK Jedi Master

Theres nothing wrong with a bolt on kit, I have 10,000 plus miles on my kit, a trip to moab, and several other wheeling trips. They have not moved one bit.
Old 09-30-2009, 04:28 PM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by TeraFlex
Yup those brackets make it fun to remove. FYI TeraFlex LA brackets are welded on for strength and durability like the stock brackets.
Thanks Joe
Old 09-30-2009, 05:50 PM
JK Enthusiast

I've got a tera short arm and 37s and love it! That being said I would love to swap to the long arm soon.
Old 09-30-2009, 06:23 PM
JK Freak

I wheel with a guy who has long arms on his XJ. An XJ! I would go to Lang Arms if I could afford it.
Old 09-30-2009, 06:37 PM
Sponsoring Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Off Road Evolution long arm system is Engineered and EVO TESTED to be bolted or Weld ON:, if you prefer and have ability to Weld ,You can weld our system to you JK.

You can weld, bolt or do both, bolt and weld to our EVO Bolt on long arm system

This is all to make it easier and more friendly for the home builder that may or may not want to weld there kit to there vehicle.

Mel

Last edited by Evolution; 09-30-2009 at 06:48 PM.

Quick Reply: Long Arm