Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

M.O.R.E. Jeep JK Wrangler 1" Body Lift - NOW AVAILABLE!!

Old 01-05-2007, 11:55 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jdrogers
It won't cause any issues on the transfer case shifter since in the JK the shifter is connected to the transfer case using a cable.

That's why the transfer case shifter operates so smoothly in the JK.
I think I'm subconciously trying to set a thread derail record this month, but this cable thing has me wondering. Is it a loop with pulleys? I'm trying to wrap my head around this. It seems like a cable would work just fine pulling, but not so hot pushing?
Old 01-05-2007, 12:10 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by wayoflife
Why? It's just a basic 1" body lift?

But who ever said that a body lift should be installed as an alternative to a suspension lift? If you read my press release, I think I clearly stated that it can be a great compliment to one.

I don't know about you but every 1" body lift that I have installed has only taken me 45mins - 1hr to do. Every budget boost I have installed has taken 2-3 hours. But then, as I said before, a body lift should not be used as an alternative to a suspension lift. Also, for whatever it's worth, I have in the past used a 1" body lift in conjunction to a 2" BB on my TJ to allow me an economical way to run 32" tires and I still think it was one of the better setups that I ran

With anything over 1", I would have to agree with this but we are talking specifically about a 1" body lift

I agree with all these points...
Old 01-05-2007, 01:20 PM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Bayou Boy
I think that a 1" body lift is a great idea for the TJ. I just don't think that it's necessary for the JK. You can fit such large tires with such small lift it kinda makes you not need that little extra. If someone is going to really use 35" tires offroad, then they will probably want the extra travel and suspension control afforded by replacement coils. They probably won't be satisfied with the stock suspension with spacers and the BL.
TeraFlex 2.5" w/Shock Adapters = $229
M.O.R.E. 1" Body Lift = $144 (4-Door)
Total Tire Clearance = 3.5"
Max Tire Size = 35"
Total Price = $373

Full Traction 2" Econo Lift w/Shocks = $279
M.O.R.E. 1" Body Lift = $144 (4-Door)
Total Tire Clearance = 3"
Max Tire Size = 35"
Total Price = $423

Full Traction 3" Economy Lift w/Hydro Shocks
Max Tire Size = 35"
Total Price = $699

TeraFlex 3" Lift w/Shocks
Max Tire Size = 35"
Total Price = $697

I think the math speaks for itself here

Now if that person then wanted to fit 37's with that extra 1", I can see that.
Yup, it would work in this scenario too

But for most mild rigs I just don't see where it will fit into most people's plans.
Maybe not, but it certainly is a plan that I'm seriously considering now.

This is all just my opinion. That's what I like about forums. Everyone can give their own opinion and readers can decide what to do for themselves.
I completely agree and appreciate the dialogue.

And if you don't think that a 1" BL puts more stress on the mounts you're wrong. Ask any engineer.
Really? In what way specifically? Are we talking about the entire mount collectively (from the frame, bushinsg, bolts, washers, and body) or are we just talking about a specific part of the mounts (i.e. the frame mount, bushings, bolts, washers, or body points)? Unfortunately, I don't know any engineers to ask but I would be grateful if you could ask one that you might know for me and post the answer. Honestly, I'm not trying to be a smart ass here, I am just sincerely looking for the truth.

It may not be as much as taller BLs, but the increase is there. I agree that it is probably an acceptable increase with this small lift, I just wanted to throw it out there.
Well, if you're gonna throw it out there, I really do think it needs to be backed up with facts. If it's at all possible, I'm sure we would all be grateful if you could be specific so that we can be informed.

A lot of uninformed people think that a BL is a Bl is a BL. And that is most certainly not the case.
Damn straight!! Some body lifts will transfer vibrations into the body more than others, some come without parts you really need and some just look silly once installed (i.e. 3" BL's ).

Last edited by wayoflife; 01-05-2007 at 01:26 PM.
Old 01-05-2007, 02:55 PM
JK Newbie

You quoted my post about increased travel and then compared prices.

And you can't really compare the 2.5" lift fairly without adding shocks to the price.

The increased stress on the body mount is all about leverage. To make an extreme example, a 6" tall 4x4 piece of wood bolted standing up to the cement will be much harder to knock over than a 6 foot tall 4x4 piece of wood bolted the same way.

Like I said, the 1" lift will add an acceptable amount of increased stress but it is there none the less.

I just don't want anyone reading this thread in 6 months when there is a 3" BL on the market and applying what we say here to that 3" lift.
Old 01-05-2007, 03:26 PM
JK-Forum Founder

You quoted my post about increased travel and then compared prices.
In many cases, the amount of axle articulation you have on a small lift is hampered by your bigger tires eating up your fender flares. The prices reflect how you could achieve more clearance to fit 35" tires (i.e. more clearance for travel) for a lot less money using a BB/BL combo vs. just a suspension lift.

And you can't really compare the 2.5" lift fairly without adding shocks to the price.
On the contrary, the TeraFlex 2.5" lift comes with shock adapters that allow you to use your factory shocks.

The increased stress on the body mount is all about leverage. To make an extreme example, a 6" tall 4x4 piece of wood bolted standing up to the cement will be much harder to knock over than a 6 foot tall 4x4 piece of wood bolted the same way.
Okay, I think I see where you're coming from but exactly what forces are we talking about here that are being applied to the body of the Jeep and enough so that it would be causing stress? Also, on a body lift, we're talking about 12 mounting points around the entire Jeep that fasten the body to the frame - not just one tall one. Assuming you have your bolts tighten to spec, I personally have a hard time seeing how anything is moving anywhere with such a small amount of lift.

Like I said, the 1" lift will add an acceptable amount of increased stress but it is there none the less.

I just don't want anyone reading this thread in 6 months when there is a 3" BL on the market and applying what we say here to that 3" lift.
Right, I see where you're coming from. In spite of everything I've said, I would never recommend anything more than a 1" BL. If nothing else, they just look fugly
Old 01-05-2007, 03:56 PM
JK Newbie

On the contrary, the TeraFlex 2.5" lift comes with shock adapters that allow you to use your factory shocks.
But I think to be fair, if you are going to go with shocks designed for the lift with the other options you have to do the same with the Teraflex.

Okay, I think I see where you're coming from but exactly what forces are we talking about here that are being applied to the body of the Jeep and enough so that it would be causing stress? Also, on a body lift, we're talking about 12 mounting points around the entire Jeep that fasten the body to the frame - not just one tall one. Assuming you have your bolts tighten to spec, I personally have a hard time seeing how anything is moving anywhere with such a small amount of lift.
Off camber situations, evasive maneuvers, accidents. Those types of forces.
Most people will NOT check these bolts periodically for torque.
And BTW the factory torque specs were for a certain height body spacer, not that spacer +1".

Right, I see where you're coming from. In spite of everything I've said, I would never recommend anything more than a 1" BL. If nothing else, they just look fugly
This was what I was really trying to get across in my later posts.
Old 01-05-2007, 04:02 PM
JK-Forum Founder

But I think to be fair, if you are going to go with shocks designed for the lift with the other options you have to do the same with the Teraflex.
I disagree. The point I was trying to make was about achieving the most clearance you can to fit bigger tires and on a budget. The shock adapters allow you to do this with the 2.5" kit. The other kits do not come with adapters and so they need shocks. I'm not saying this is necessarily the best option, just that it is a viable one and one that does work.

Off camber situations, evasive maneuvers, accidents. Those types of forces. Most people will NOT check these bolts periodically for torque. And BTW the factory torque specs were for a certain height body spacer, not that spacer +1".
That was the answer I was looking for, thanks!

Last edited by wayoflife; 01-05-2007 at 04:05 PM.
Old 01-05-2007, 04:07 PM
JK Newbie

That was the answer I was looking for, thanks!

Finally!!
Old 01-05-2007, 08:00 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Ge99ne
I think I'm subconciously trying to set a thread derail record this month, but this cable thing has me wondering. Is it a loop with pulleys? I'm trying to wrap my head around this. It seems like a cable would work just fine pulling, but not so hot pushing?
It's a stiff but flexible cable inside a sheath so it can pull and push. Here is the installation instructions from the FSM:

Old 01-06-2007, 07:50 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by jdrogers
It's a stiff but flexible cable inside a sheath so it can pull and push. Here is the installation instructions from the FSM:

Just like a steering cable or shifter cable on a boat. Next time you are in Academy sports or someplace like that, take a look at them. You will get it then.

Quick Reply: M.O.R.E. Jeep JK Wrangler 1" Body Lift - NOW AVAILABLE!!