Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Is it me? (tf swaybar disconnects)

Old 11-16-2007, 04:47 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is it me? (tf swaybar disconnects)

Ok, i think I am going nuts... shouldn't the pins in the kit fit through the holes of the swaybar link ends?

I bought this kit from Quadratec a few weeks ago. when I got it, it didn't quite look like this - 4 big pins... and 4 small holes in the ends of the links. They don't fit through the ends..

So I called Quadratec and asked them to check into it and send me a kit that had the appropriate parts...

and I got another kit that is exactly the same.

Shouldn't the &*^%&% pins fit through the &^T(& bar ends???

What am I missing?

(link to page)

Does anyone have this kit? Has anyone had this problem?

G
Old 11-16-2007, 07:26 PM
JK Enthusiast

I have the same disconnects. They installed easily and work great.

The kit should come with 4 pins.
2 mount to the axle.
2 mount to the 2 small angle brackets, that attach to the body mount. These are used when disconnected to hold the swaybar in a raised position.

Seems like you have an issue with the links.
One end should have a steel bushing that attaches to the swaybar reusing the stock bolt.
The other end just has the urethane bushing. Just like the picture you posted.

If the ID of the bushings are the same as the OD of the pin, you should be able to knockout the steel bushing and end up with the proper setup.
Old 11-17-2007, 04:37 AM
JK Newbie

Default will check... makes sense

I have not tried to push the steel bushing out. Maybe that's the key.
Old 11-17-2007, 05:43 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have the same kit. No problems. You do not want to push the steel bushing out. You should have 2 bolts for the sway bar and that is where the top portion with the steel bushing goes, then you have 2 big pins for the axle and 2 for the upper mounts to hold it when discoed.
Old 11-17-2007, 08:41 AM
JK Newbie

Default more confused...

IGOFSHN - I think I do want to push the bushing out... It confuses me why they would ship it this way - and it didn't come with the bolts you speak of, but I think I have this thing figured out.

For others who may fall victim to this silly thing, here's what came with my kit and what I am doing about it.

Thanks for the feedback.

Now the only question to me is whether the stock bolt will fit through the small end and what in the ^*&& the four nuts that don't fit anything are for.
Old 11-17-2007, 03:39 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 361 Likes on 269 Posts

Originally Posted by gerryc
For others who may fall victim to this silly thing, here's what came with my kit and what I am doing about it.
I have these on order through Quadratec. It will be interesting to see what I receive.
Old 11-17-2007, 04:35 PM
JK Enthusiast

gerryc

Looks like you got it figured out.
I wonder if you received a YJ kit by accident?
My links are 8 3/4in center to center for the 0-3" kit in case you wanted to double check.

The nylok nut is for the body mounts.
The regular nuts with lock washers are for the pins. Mine were difficult to get started, but once on they spun freely.

Other than the extra bushing you received that I did not, my brackets are just a simple "L" shape.

Last edited by stockYJ; 11-17-2007 at 04:43 PM.
Old 11-18-2007, 05:16 AM
JK Newbie

Default Hmmm

Thanks for the input... we're getting there. Great to have a place like this to ask.

My links are 8 1/4" center to center. Not sure what that means.

I am going to be very careful about where the bar sits when not engaged. That's a hugely great piece of insight.

I'll post pics when I get done installing. Not sure when that will be.

Thanks for all the help!

G
Old 11-18-2007, 07:00 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SDMF
They gave you the wrong links in the kit. Those look like the links they give you for the rear in the budget boost. The links for the quick disco's have a flat bar, not a round one. If quadratec doesn't want to send you out a new kit I'm sure teraflex will make it right for you.

We just installed these on Doojer's jeep a few weeks ago.
The front links that came with my 3" lift are round rod...the rears are flat bar.
Old 11-18-2007, 07:19 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by gerryc
IGOFSHN - I think I do want to push the bushing out... It confuses me why they would ship it this way - and it didn't come with the bolts you speak of, but I think I have this thing figured out.

Thanks for the feedback.

Now the only question to me is whether the stock bolt will fit through the small end and what in the ^*&& the four nuts that don't fit anything are for.
gerryc

I just finished installing my lift last night. I got the exact same swaybar link kit you got. I ended up purchasing the permanent bolts at the Jeep dealership just so I could finish the job. I need to call Northridge4x4 on Monday to either get a refund or the correct swaybar links. It is VERY FRUSTRATING!!

Quick Reply: Is it me? (tf swaybar disconnects)