Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Metal cloak rear shock relo brackets

Old 02-07-2014, 08:05 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I finally got around to contacting Eric at MC to ask if these would be ok for 3.5" shocks. Here's his reply

"Matt, thank you for contacting Metalcloak. If you run the drop brackets with the longer shocks you get too much droop. your coils could pop out and your sway bar could pop back the wrong way. Let us know if there is anything else we can do for you."

I guess there designed more for stock shocks. So now to move on to the greater question...

Who's running Synergy relo brackets!?!?
Old 02-07-2014, 08:11 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jnabird333
I need more info to answer this. What lift are you running and how much bump?

By moving the lower shock mount up you increase down travel so you need to check sway bar link lengths and brake line length. The risk is you could bottom out the shock on compression so you might need to add bump stop and/or relocate the upper mounts.
3" BDS with (if I remember right) either 2 or 3 in bump stops. I was hoping if running those with upper synergy brackets I'd be able to relocate the shocks without compromising functionality.
Old 02-07-2014, 09:31 PM
JK Enthusiast

If you move both the upper and lower mounts upward an equal distance, (let's call it two inches) then you would have the same distance between those two points as you currently do, so all things would be as they are now, just more clearance for your shock from damage.

If you want to go beyond that box, then the only option you should consider is measuring. Take your shocks off, watch the brake lines, the sway bar, and do full stuff, and full droop at flex. Measure. Go from there. It should take you 20-40 minutes.

If you get to the point that droop is a problem and it's unseating your springs, then you can instal limiting straps.
Old 04-26-2017, 07:43 AM
JK Newbie

Thumbs up It's a a must no matter which way you go.

I'm running a 3.5 MC Game Changer and did not install these relo brackets at first. The first few times I took the jeep out wheeling I hung up repeatedly on the factory low mount points. I since installed these and am now not having that issue. I like MC very much and do recommend these. However, this should be the first thing done on any JK, lifted or not. It the most stupid design from factory ever made. For those our there looking to improve their already bitchen lifted JK and have not done these, you are missing out on a great improvement to your rig for little money. For those stock JKs out there looking for low budget + big reward mods, you have found it. DO THIS. You won't regret it. BTW Metal Cloak RULES! However, buy any brand you want, for these relo's, its a must.
Old 04-26-2017, 08:39 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Pics??
Old 04-26-2017, 12:32 PM
Former Vendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

As with all of these relocation brackets, measuring the shocks you have is key. If you end up with a shock that is longer than your bumpstop is set, you're in for broken stuff.

With the 3" it'll be extra important that you measure your up travel twice before chopping your shock mounts up.

Metal Cloak always makes awesome stuff, so you don't have anything to worry about there.

We use the JKS rear shock relocation brackets (Wrangler JK, 2007-2017, Rear Shock Relocation) and are a fan, but even with those we have seen many of the common shocks configurations bottom out without careful planning, and those finish out at 2.25."

Either way it's a worthwhile modification for sure, just plan ahead so you don't pop your shocks, which cost more than the relocation brackets.
Old 04-30-2017, 04:19 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by mattyk
Who's running Synergy relo brackets!?!?
I am running these lowers...
SYNERGY MANUFACTURING :: Jeep JK :: Synergy Jeep JK Rear Lower Control Arm Skids with Integrated Shock Mounts

and had to then add these uppers due to bottoming the shocks...
SYNERGY MANUFACTURING :: Jeep JK :: Synergy Jeep JK Rear Long Travel Upper Shock Mount

Only makes sense, move the bottom mount up, and you just compressed your shock "that" much... so, best to move the top mount up the same amount to get your mounting points back to same distance.

Synergy makes nice stuff.

Quick Reply: Metal cloak rear shock relo brackets