Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Metalcloak Thread

Old 09-20-2014, 07:13 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

For the people wanting to save some money, now's your chance. Metalcloak is doing free shipping sale on all suspension products this weekend.

Online code: MetalcloakRocks
Old 09-20-2014, 01:04 PM
JK Enthusiast

I got the shocks installed now I just need to figure out the tailpipe.

Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1411247073128.jpg
Views:	212
Size:	59.5 KB
ID:	576427

Sent from my d2lte using Tapatalk
Old 09-21-2014, 09:27 AM
JK Newbie

I have a few hours to place my order for free shipping through MC. Just wanted some insight on what to order. I am currently running there 2.5 lift with ome dual rate ARB kit. I want to slowly piece the whole kit. I have about 600 hundred dollar budget. I was gonna spring for the front LC arms and the tie rod.... or should I grab the drag link instead. I'm trying to piece it together by level of importance first. Any suggestions... thanks in advance

MC 2.5, RRXHD, XD, 35' Toyo
Old 09-21-2014, 09:35 AM
JK Junkie

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Not sure what parts you already have as it seems there are many names for their kits. But since you mentioned lower fronts then I'm guessing you're still running the stock cas. If it were me, I would get the front lowers (for caster/pinion), rear uppers (for pinion), then track bars (center axles) and rear track bar bracket (improve roll center) before worrying about the drag link or tie rod.
Old 09-21-2014, 10:28 AM
JK Freak

Personally I wouldn't buy their drag link or tie rod. You can make your own tie rod for less than half their price. You can also do the Moog drag link set up for half the price too ( you shouldn't need to replace your factory draglink unless it's worn out either)

I would get both rear control arms. Or rear uppers and front track bar.
Old 09-21-2014, 10:29 AM
JK Newbie

Yea sorry about that.... The kit came with front upper CA's, springs, ome shocks, front track bar, and rear relocation bracket for the rear track bar. I've been wheeling with the kit as it is right now and it runs great. I want to complete the full kit and get all the arms, rear track bar, drag link and tie rod. I want to get them in order of importance as I can't afford getting it all at once. Each component runs about 300 bucks or so. So I can only afford two right now. I was thinking the front lower CA'S and tie rod because it is the most exposed when wheeling.

Old 09-21-2014, 10:41 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by cuellarusmc
Yea sorry about that.... The kit came with front upper CA's, springs, ome shocks, front track bar, and rear relocation bracket for the rear track bar. I've been wheeling with the kit as it is right now and it runs great. I want to complete the full kit and get all the arms, rear track bar, drag link and tie rod. I want to get them in order of importance as I can't afford getting it all at once. Each component runs about 300 bucks or so. So I can only afford two right now. I was thinking the front lower CA'S and tie rod because it is the most exposed when wheeling.

In that case the rear uppers would be first for me. Then extended brake lines and bump stops. If you wheel the brakes lines are very important as well as the bump stops. Then rear track bar.
Old 09-21-2014, 10:46 AM
JK Freak

Can I ask why you would rather spend over $300 on a tie rod that you can build for less than $150?

I know it's YOUR money but it is money that you could save towards the other control arms or track bar.
Old 09-21-2014, 10:55 AM
JK Junkie

Have to agree with meep. If you don't want to build it there are many options out there for both the tie rod and drag link. The factory ones will work fine for now. Finish up the lift before worrying about those.

Nice looking jeep BTW, are you active duty?

Last edited by 14Sport; 09-21-2014 at 10:57 AM.
Old 09-21-2014, 12:23 PM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Looking for feedback from those who tried

Had anyone replaced just the coils with Metalcloak coils, and what was the difference in ride softness/hardness ?
With, or without, changing the shocks ?

Quick Reply: Metalcloak Thread