Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

method wheels

Old 11-25-2014, 06:31 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default method wheels

So thinking about pulling the trigger on a set of method 105 beadlocks. Was wondering if anyone on here had any issues or thoughts on them.
Old 11-25-2014, 10:47 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Saw your post. Didn't want to leave you hanging. I have Method Fat 5's. Love the wheels, no issues. Quality, finish is holding up very well. Been on for 30,000 miles now. My only gripe is they are lug centric vs. hub centric.

Sorry, I don't have the bead locks. Hopefully somebody with those chimes in for you.
Old 11-26-2014, 12:50 AM
JK Freak

These are the ones I'm looking at. Only reason I'm curious is I'm running trailworthy fan beadlocks and I'm having issues with balancing. They won't balance properly cuz they are sooooo heavy.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20141126_044735.jpg
Views:	154
Size:	26.4 KB
ID:	585734  
Old 11-26-2014, 05:53 AM
JK Freak

I have them. I had problems with the holes stripping out - I had one rim in particular that was not tapped correctly and about 7 bolts were stripped. I ended up drilling them out and installing steel threaded inserts in every single hole ( all 24).

The rims are fairly inexpensive and look awesome. I have not read of anyone else with any issues.
Old 11-26-2014, 06:03 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Jeepstin12
Saw your post. Didn't want to leave you hanging. I have Method Fat 5's. Love the wheels, no issues. Quality, finish is holding up very well. Been on for 30,000 miles now. My only gripe is they are lug centric vs. hub centric. Sorry, I don't have the bead locks. Hopefully somebody with those chimes in for you.
Just curious about your hub centric comment. The stock rims aren't hub centric - does anyone even make aftermarket hub centric rims?

I've never owned a vehicle with hub centric rims so I'm not sure what the advantage is. Is it because the weight is resting on the hub vs lugs?
Old 11-26-2014, 06:21 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by sea bass
I have them. I had problems with the holes stripping out - I had one rim in particular that was not tapped correctly and about 7 bolts were stripped. I ended up drilling them out and installing steel threaded inserts in every single hole ( all 24).

The rims are fairly inexpensive and look awesome. I have not read of anyone else with any issues.
Any issues with balancing and what tires are you running if you don't mind me asking. I was gonna run 37in MTRs
Old 11-26-2014, 06:24 AM
JK Freak

And I cant see any aluminum wheels being hub centric.
Old 11-26-2014, 06:43 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by jkkrawler
Any issues with balancing and what tires are you running if you don't mind me asking. I was gonna run 37in MTRs
I run 37" km2’s with tire beads.

I have a slight shimmy with one wheel but I'm sure it's a result of the tire - not the rim
Old 11-26-2014, 07:13 AM
JK Freak

OK. Cuz I have damn near death wobble with mine and I've tried tire beads and it made it worse so im sick of it and getting new ones
Old 11-26-2014, 07:53 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by jkkrawler
And I cant see any aluminum wheels being hub centric.
the last three vehicles I owned with aluminum wheels, were hub centric. Two Volvos and a Land Rover. All factory wheels.

Quick Reply: method wheels