Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

method wheels

Old 11-26-2014, 07:57 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by sea bass
Just curious about your hub centric comment. The stock rims aren't hub centric - does anyone even make aftermarket hub centric rims? I've never owned a vehicle with hub centric rims so I'm not sure what the advantage is. Is it because the weight is resting on the hub vs lugs?
hub centric places more force to the hub vs. the lugs. Some guys have claimed to have lugs or studs break on lug centric wheels. You do need to be sure to seat them properly and torque as suggested. If you google hub centric vs. lug centric, you will see many write ups on the differences, pros, cons, etc.

I have no issues with mine and inspect the studs and lugs with every tire rotation. It's not a concern for me. Consider this. Method's exposure came from the racing circuit. If the lug centric design works for them, it's solid for me. If you are truly concerned, you can buy hub rings to have a hub centric like fit between the wheel and hub.

For weight comparison, I have a JKUR, 35's and run trails in Colorado all the time and still, no issues.
Old 11-26-2014, 08:10 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yea I'm not to worried. Its not like I'm making 50 ft launches with my jeep. Hahaha
Old 11-26-2014, 10:12 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jkkrawler
Yea I'm not to worried. Its not like I'm making 50 ft launches with my jeep. Hahaha
then your are doing it wrong.
Old 11-26-2014, 12:40 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Jeepstin12
then your are doing it wrong.
Hahaha

Quick Reply: method wheels