Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Mild Lift: What Do I Need?

Old 04-30-2008, 03:34 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mild Lift: What Do I Need?

I'm going to add a winch bumper to my Unlimited Rubi, which will drop the front end a little due to the added weight. To make up for it, I plan to put a 2" lift up front and a 1" in back. What do I need to do, or not do, to keep everything (including the sway bar disconnect) working and intact? Cost is a concern, but not the primary one.

PS: Yes I would like to go bigger, but this is the compromise with wife who wants to keep the Jeep height fairly stock.
Old 04-30-2008, 03:40 PM
JK Freak

Maybe just some pucks up front to displace the added weight?
Old 04-30-2008, 07:51 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by derekls
Maybe just some pucks up front to displace the added weight?
Thanks, what about the rear?
Old 04-30-2008, 07:57 PM
JK Freak

THe combination you mentioned sounds perfect for what you want to accomplish. Try and get pucks for both front and rear. So 1 - 2 inch for front, and 3/4 to 1 inch for rear. You'll be really happy with this setup. The Jeep will drive almost identical to stock and everything will work fine.

The limits of the front sway bar links is when you start going over 2.5 inch. Other than that you'll be fine.

Quick Reply: Mild Lift: What Do I Need?