Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Mile marker winch

Old 04-28-2008, 10:54 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mile marker winch

Does anyone have a mile marker winch?... just installed my winch bumper and it looks like mile marker has the best winches for the buck. i don't have the money to spend a crazy amount on a warn. anyone have one. thoughts and input would be appreciated.

Thanx
Old 08-26-2008, 07:01 AM
JK Jedi

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Offroadme
Does anyone have a mile marker winch?... just installed my winch bumper and it looks like mile marker has the best winches for the buck. i don't have the money to spend a crazy amount on a warn. anyone have one. thoughts and input would be appreciated.

Thanx
I just bought a Warn M8000 for 499 from winchdepot.com. It has better pulling spec than the 9500 milemarker I compared it with, so I bought the Warn. I don't think 499 is a "crazy amount" for a warn. It's a good deal. All that said, I think milemarker makes a good winch and you'll probably like it if that's how you go.

On edit....I see JKDoc talkin about his hydraulic milemarker. Now as far as I'm concerned, milemarker has the market cornered with hydraulic winches. It's almost like they rewrote the book. Those are some bad dudes.
Old 08-26-2008, 03:19 PM
JK Enthusiast

I have the Warn m8000 also. I think it was $539.00 or so from 4wheel hardware. I was torn between the Milemarker and Warn also. Just decided to go with the Warn, probably because of the name. But it works great and I am very happy with it.
Old 08-27-2008, 07:23 AM
JK Enthusiast

I have a Mile Marker PE8000. I have used it three time and have had no problems. I might have bought a Warn but I won this one at a raffle. Couldn't beat the price!!!
Old 08-27-2008, 07:26 AM
JK Jedi

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by rusty jeep
I have a Mile Marker PE8000. I have used it three time and have had no problems. I might have bought a Warn but I won this one at a raffle. Couldn't beat the price!!!
Damn. You lucky dawg.
Old 08-27-2008, 07:48 AM
JK Super Freak

Either are good, just depends onwhat you are looking for. Agree on the comments about hydraulic Milemarkers.
Old 08-27-2008, 09:05 AM
JK Newbie

I've had a MileMarker PE9500 for about 4 years (on my YJ), maybe 10 - 12 pulls on it with no issues. 6 of those pulls were all within a 3 hour time span - 400' of spooling out, hooking up, winching back in, spooling out to the next tree...

Quick Reply: Mile marker winch