Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Modular Half Doors for JK

Old 05-19-2018, 12:00 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Modular Half Doors for JK

2015 Rubicon (2 door) and love driving with the doors off. But this is not practical for long hauls to Jeep events / off road weekends. Also, don't want to scratch up the factory doors rock crawling.

Looking for a modular door system that has tubular steel half-doors doors that can be covered and have attachable windows, if I hit crappy weather.

The only thing I've found like this is:
https://www.bestop.com/element-doors/

But they get mixed reviews. Anyone know of something similar in this space?

Thanks!
Old 05-20-2018, 02:53 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 41 Likes on 35 Posts

I've got the element doors. They will get you through the crappy weather and keep you warm, when needed. Yeah, they flap around, but they are better than the old CJ soft doors and they don't take up much space when you are doorless. I bought them for exactly the same reason as you, and they work just fine. At highway speed, you'll usually see a gap on one side between the window and the frame, depending on the wind, but you'll still stay dry. People get alarmed by that gap, but it is normal for soft doors or uppers. My YJ did it, too. I'll be getting a set of these for my JL, too, if they ever come out with them.
Old 05-20-2018, 08:17 AM
JK Newbie

Thanks for the heads up. I'll give them a whirl!
Old 05-20-2018, 10:07 AM
JK Enthusiast

I've had them for over a year. As long as you know what you're getting, they are fine. I think people think these are replacements for factory doors, and they are really disappointed when they show up. These are really only good for what you said you want to use them for. The fit and quality is ok as long as you understand they are not completely weather proof as factory doors.
Old 05-20-2018, 01:50 PM
JK Newbie

Thank you. Appreciate the real world perspective. From both comments, sounds like these will do what I need them to do.

Quick Reply: Modular Half Doors for JK