Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Mopar 2" Lift Kit Tips?

Old 07-03-2020, 02:10 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mopar 2" Lift Kit Tips?

I’m planning on getting the Mopar 2” Lift Kit installed on my JK 2017 (4-door) from my local dealership in the next couple of weeks, seeing as they’ve got some specials going on. As of now, I going to ask them to install the lift kit, the reinforced spare tire holder, and the heavy-duty steering stabilizer/damper. Is there anything else I should ask the dealer to tack on? For reference, I am planning on getting 35s (BFGoodrich K02) with 17” wheels, using the Jeep mainly as a daily driver and light-mid offroading. Thanks for your help!

Last edited by CloneRed; 07-03-2020 at 02:19 PM. Reason: Details
Old 07-03-2020, 02:48 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by CloneRed
I’m planning on getting the Mopar 2” Lift Kit installed on my JK 2017 (4-door) from my local dealership in the next couple of weeks, seeing as they’ve got some specials going on. As of now, I going to ask them to install the lift kit, the reinforced spare tire holder, and the heavy-duty steering stabilizer/damper. Is there anything else I should ask the dealer to tack on? For reference, I am planning on getting 35s (BFGoodrich K02) with 17” wheels, using the Jeep mainly as a daily driver and light-mid offroading. Thanks for your help!
Mopar kits are junk. Go with Metalcloak
The following users liked this post:
CloneRed (07-03-2020)
Old 07-03-2020, 02:57 PM
JK Jedi

Received 107 Likes on 104 Posts

I love my mopar 2" kit. i would skip adding a different ss as stock does just fine. mine has done several trips to moab and colorado as well as all the trails in Montana. you will get about 3" with the mopar kit. mopar coils are nice riding coils made in North America and shocks are Fox. The one thing I would make sure is that you use either adjustable lower control arms or geo brackets instead of the cam bolts that come in the kit. I have 34000 miles in 2 years on my kit and it has had 0 sag and performs great. they also come with a really nice Dana Spicer driveshaft.

CloneRed (07-03-2020)
Old 07-03-2020, 03:27 PM
Super Moderator

Received 113 Likes on 103 Posts

I have the 3” Mopar lift. These are teraflex lifts. They’re not worth the money. Not to say they’re bad lifts, they’re just complete garbage. Haha... in all honesty, if you’re going for looks then they’re fine. But if you wheel your Jeep then there are better lifts for the money, have a local Jeep shop install it as well. Jeep will charge a lot more than necessary for the install.

What I dislike about my 3” Mopar lift:
1) Control arms are non adjustable so no alignment corrections and you’re stuck with those exact springs. If you want larger springs then you have to replace your control arms

2) No new brake lines, only brackets to drop the hard line. This allows the rear sway bar to hit the brake line while the suspension is articulated.

3) No adjustable track bars. Again, no room for alignment adjustments. If you raise your Jeep more, you need another track bar. Plus, if you even slightly bend your track bar... again, gotta get a new one.

4) joints aren’t serviceable, even a lifetime joint will wear out.

5) If it has Mopar printed on it, you’re over paying.

Get a lift that you can grow with. Adjustable control arms and track bars at the least. Like stated above, metalcloak is the best out there in my opinion.
The following 2 users liked this post by Sv_dude:
CloneRed (07-03-2020), donjuan79 (07-03-2020)
Old 07-04-2020, 06:42 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 363 Likes on 289 Posts

Do you have links to the parts you are looking at? Mopar lifts have changed over time and would be nice to see what you are actually getting. Typically the dealer will screw you as it typically costs about double when you get stuff from them. A quality 2" lift with shocks typically runs about $1300. Most will simply roll it into the loan and not worry about as long as it meets their monthly payment. Caster correction that is better than cam bolts like mentioned above, track bars to re center the axles side to side, aftermarket front driveshaft or exhaust spacers. Some Mopar kits come with the driveshaft. You don't need a heavy duty steering stabilizer. I would delete the rear spare tire altogether and invest in on board air and a tire plug kit. Why spend all that money to carry around 200 pounds of dead weight. I would run the KM3 tire over the KO2.
CloneRed (07-04-2020)
Old 07-04-2020, 09:52 AM
JK Newbie

Thanks for the suggestions! Definitely going to cut the steering stabilizer. Have not heard too much about the KM3s, I'll be sure to check em out.

Also, here's the link to the lift Mopar 2" Lift. It says it includes
  • (4) Fox racing shocks
  • Brake relocation brackets
  • Track Bar bracket
  • 1310 Double Carbin front driveshaft
  • (4) Springs
  • Hardware for installation
The dealership is running free labor special and $500 - 600 off lift kits, parts are around $1700 so it comes out to around $1100 - 1200.
Old 07-04-2020, 09:53 AM
JK Newbie

I love my mopar 2" kit. i would skip adding a different ss as stock does just fine. mine has done several trips to moab and colorado as well as all the trails in Montana. you will get about 3" with the mopar kit. mopar coils are nice riding coils made in North America and shocks are Fox. The one thing I would make sure is that you use either adjustable lower control arms or geo brackets instead of the cam bolts that come in the kit. I have 34000 miles in 2 years on my kit and it has had 0 sag and performs great. they also come with a really nice Dana Spicer driveshaft.
Thanks for the tips. Glad to hear you liked it!

Last edited by CloneRed; 07-04-2020 at 12:34 PM.
Old 07-04-2020, 11:40 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 363 Likes on 289 Posts

Thats actually a decent kit and for the money is a good deal since it has the drive shaft.
CloneRed (07-04-2020)
Old 10-02-2020, 03:34 PM
JK Newbie

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

It also maintains the warranty for the rest of the jeep. That's important to us lifetime warranty people!
Niteshooter (10-04-2020)
Old 10-04-2020, 08:12 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 35 Likes on 29 Posts

I have the Mopar 2” lift kit on my 2011 JK. and like it. Mine did not come with the front drive shaft. 2012 and newer does. Got a great deal on mine which worked out to be same as other kits.

Am curious where the Terraflex connection comes in when shocks are Fox?

I also had to upgrade my steering stabilizer and went for the matching Fox version. Went with the MORryde tailgate hinges which work well and gave me a better option for mounting an antenna. It’s also really easy to install yourself.

Interesting point about the lifetime warranty aspect.

Quick Reply: Mopar 2" Lift Kit Tips?