Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Mopar winch Bumper mods, Powerplant and Lights

Old 06-20-2007, 07:09 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mopar winch Bumper mods, Powerplant and Lights

Here are some pics of my modified Mopar Winch Bumper to fit the Warn Powerplant and Mopar Fog Lights. Hows it look?

Last edited by rebel; 06-21-2007 at 06:30 PM.
Old 06-20-2007, 07:22 PM
pup
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by rebel
Pics are a little small, I will have to try to figure that out!?????? They come up nice in My.Project-JK Gallery, User name LuckyStrike
Are you just copying the link to the thumbnail itself? If you click the individual picture, it will have a box next to where it says BB code...just highlight all that test and paste it in your post.

Either way, it looks to be a sweet set-up. The powerplant is one nice unit!
Old 06-20-2007, 08:14 PM
JK Freak

Is that PVC pipe? If so, how did you did you fit it to the bumper? Looks great!
Old 06-21-2007, 03:13 AM
JK Junkie

Very, Very Nice.....I must say that because your Rubicon looks very familiar .....
Yours....

Mine......

Last edited by BLKRUBI; 06-21-2007 at 05:21 AM.
Old 06-21-2007, 04:32 AM
JK Newbie

Default Lights in Bumper

How difficult was it to mount the lights and the winch in the Mopar bumper? I have been thinking about getting these bumpers, but I know that the winch doesn't fit without cutting it and I would love to have the lights in it too.
Old 06-21-2007, 05:13 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by RockRubi
How difficult was it to mount the lights and the winch in the Mopar bumper? I have been thinking about getting these bumpers, but I know that the winch doesn't fit without cutting it and I would love to have the lights in it too.
The bumper is set up for a Warn winch, most Warns should fit without any modification, other brands may not, due to Warn's offset. Look at the fairlead in the pic below, notice how it's offest to the drivers side.

Rebel, it looks like you changed the winch hoop on your bumper also. I assume that was so that you could fit the Powerplant.

Last edited by BLKRUBI; 06-21-2007 at 05:24 AM.
Old 06-21-2007, 12:14 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It looks like the PVC pieces are just acting as spacers between the lights and the bumper, with no means of attaching the PVC directly. Am I correct?
Old 06-21-2007, 12:27 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by csorensen
It looks like the PVC pieces are just acting as spacers between the lights and the bumper, with no means of attaching the PVC directly. Am I correct?

That's what it looks like to me cs.
Old 06-21-2007, 04:16 PM
JK Newbie

Default just got it

i ordered my mopar bumper 2 nights ago lol it got here today quick as hell but yea i am definitely gonna do that light mod but i do like the smaller lights. looks better on the bumper i think cant wait for my winch to get here thoe hehehe now i can go get stuck on purpose lol
Old 06-21-2007, 06:28 PM
JK Newbie

Thanks to Pup for the picture size solution, thanks to BlkRubi for the Rim info.
The fog light mounting was pretty easy. Hardest part is drilling the 4" hole.
The PVC is 4" and can be cut to any size depending how far you want your lights sunk into the bumper. I measured mine 1.5" on the short side and cut 45 degrees up to the pipe centerline, then cut off parrallel to the bottom. Painted with black plastic paint. The 4" hole is centered on the bumper bend line, on each side. Next file smooth the outer edge of the fog light lense, it will then fit into the PVC with some room to adjust later, if your drilling is off. Now position the spacer and light over the hole opening, mark the four mounting holes, from the lights onto the bumper making sure it is centered!. Drill and countersink the holes(3/16"). Use 10-32 countersunk head Stainless bolts/hardware to then attach everything together. This is a very solid mounting. The winch mounting was more involved. The powerplant will not fit without some mods. I had to make a new hoop, make the winch opening larger and redrill the mounting holes. The worst part was mounting the bumper/winch to the Jeep. You have to leave the winch floating on the bumper and then lift the whole works over the frame ends,, very tight fit. The grill will take some work to get off in the future since there is only 1/2 space between the grill and the winch.

Quick Reply: Mopar winch Bumper mods, Powerplant and Lights