Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Mopar Windshield Light Brackets

Old 07-25-2010, 10:44 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mopar Windshield Light Brackets

I have a question concerning the Mopar windshield light brackets. Is there any way that the antenna can be accommodated without having to bend it or shorten it? Is there a better bracket than the Mopar ones that take the antenna into consideration?

Thanks
Chris
Old 07-25-2010, 11:48 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My Rugged Ridge brackets (part#11027.03) didn't require me to bend the antenna out of the way. If I'm driving through trees/undergrowth my antenna will smack into my lights (PIAA part#5291) but has never caused any damage or bent out the antenna. The worst thing that happens is a little springy sound.

It also depends on what lights you're putting on the windshield. The PIAA's are 6.25" wide and relatively shallow at 2.7". Lightforces or HID lamps could pose an issue because they're pushed out from the windshield further and/or are wider.

Quick Reply: Mopar Windshield Light Brackets