Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

more power

Old 06-22-2011, 07:11 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ripp long tube headers and a flash pack. the ripp headers dyno sheet looks to be the best bang for your buck
Old 06-22-2011, 07:14 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by PartySnake
ripp long tube headers and a flash pack. the ripp headers dyno sheet looks to be the best bang for your buck
But what about those "burnt plug wires" with the headers I hear about,, just want to bring attention to it if there is a problem
Old 06-22-2011, 07:41 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Jknockers
you answered my question
mine only wisle at 3000rpm and up.. and its not an annoying one, you can hear it if the radio and fan are off.. otherwise you cant hear it.. its not like them annoying diesel that you hear 4 blocks away, i got its the jet performance.. made a difference on fuel economy anyways.. as far as power i don`t know I would need to put it on a dyno to tell.. you cant really tell otherwise.. it says 2-4hp on the box but.. its hard to feel 2-4hp lol hope that answer you question alot better
Old 06-22-2011, 07:49 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by superjk10
mine only wisle at 3000rpm and up.. and its not an annoying one, you can hear it if the radio and fan are off.. otherwise you cant hear it.. its not like them annoying diesel that you hear 4 blocks away, i got its the jet performance.. made a difference on fuel economy anyways.. as far as power i don`t know I would need to put it on a dyno to tell.. you cant really tell otherwise.. it says 2-4hp on the box but.. its hard to feel 2-4hp lol hope that answer you question alot better
I'm good, thanks,, I'll use the money for some cold beverages
Old 06-22-2011, 07:59 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Jknockers
I'm good, thanks,, I'll use the money for some cold beverages
yep if you save 1mpg after 100000miles, its a bit more money for mods and
Old 06-22-2011, 08:48 PM
JK Enthusiast

Damn, I just gave up a lot of beer money.
Old 06-22-2011, 09:48 PM
JK Newbie

Resurface your fanuter valve and replace your reverse spline impact bearing with a high density model and you'll be good to go.

Also, I did an aFe intake, MBRP catback, gibson shortys (cracked stock manifold, at least it sounds better now) a hypertech programmer, and some better fluids. I have a performance distributors coil pack and wires as well as racing stripes waiting for me when I get back so I expect to out run hemi's just off of the shelby inspired racing stripes alone. I'm pretty sure it has something to do with aerodynamics
Old 06-23-2011, 05:21 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by sburggsx
Supercharger or replace it with a hemi. Almost nothing else seems to make a difference.

Change gears for the apperance of more power.
X2...I have a AEV snorkel, K&N drop, viper throttle body and exhaust, run only premium fuel and sythetic for what its worth, and still nothing.

Like he said, supercharger or HEMI.
Old 06-23-2011, 07:41 AM
JK Newbie

I'm running 35's on 4.10 gears and have had my RIPP supercharger on for a couple months now. The performance gains are awesome and I have no intent on replacing the gears until I trash them. Before the SC, I would agree that going to 5.13 gears would be a good idea, but with the SC I've had no problems getting up to speed and maintaining it.
Old 06-23-2011, 07:48 AM
JK Enthusiast

Anyone actually do any independent dynos to see what the increases are?

Quick Reply: more power