Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Mr. Grille Aluminum Grille in Black

Old 09-24-2007, 09:30 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Have to agree about some paint chipping on the black ones. Also about the bolts rusting. Overall, I really do like it and glad I went with this piece over the gutter guard type install. Here are somethings I noticed about it though:

1) Directions say to work your hands behind the grill and mount it like that. Well if your hands are small enough to do this, you're probably 4yrs old. It's MUCH easier to simply remove the grill, go into the garage and do the install. This will cut your time significantly.
2) The bolts rust, so you'd be wise to use some rustoleum, etc on them to help avoid this. I didn't, but plan on taking the grill off my car and doing some touch up work on the bolts with a brush.
3) If your set comes perfect, without chips, count your blessings. Mine has a few slight ones, that I'll touch up when I do the bolts.
4) The edges are rough, so be careful when laying them into the grill, they can cut into it. Not a big deal if you're leaving it there forever, but if you get sick of the look, want to try something else, the little knicks might annoy.

Overall, it's a good product, bit pricey, and as with several things I've bought for my JK it needs slight modification to be just right.
Old 09-25-2007, 02:00 PM
JK Newbie

I've got it too and while it doesn't look great head on it always looks a lot better than stock.
Old 09-25-2007, 02:16 PM
JK Newbie

I waited a month for mine to come in and was disappointed with how it looked, the paint was chipped off in some places and it had rough edges, not manufactured very well. Did you guys happen to notice the one that Metalcrafters makes - very pricey $289.00 - but looks good. Does anyone have it?
Old 09-25-2007, 02:19 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by castellar
I've got it too and while it doesn't look great head on it always looks a lot better than stock.
Aw, man!! Who cares about the grill, you have a CRD!!!
Old 10-21-2007, 07:34 PM
JK Enthusiast

anyone with a picture of metalcrafters? & how it installs..........
Old 11-09-2007, 03:15 PM
JK Super Freak

cjsdad, are your grille inserts from the same company as the other one but just polished instead? Yours do look nice.
Old 11-09-2007, 06:46 PM
JK Super Freak

[QUOTE=Grant211;230382]I got the chrome one from quadratec. It took them like 2 months to send it to me, because of back order.

As far as fit - Mine fit perfectly! No issues at all.

As far as bolts rusting - They probably would of rusted, but I put a thin coat of clearcoat on the bolts just in case if it started to rust. It's been about a month now and no rust issues

I didn't want black as it seems that everybody likes black. It's way to common around my area to have the all blacked out look or aka "Murdered out" as my one friend calls it.

I actually like the stainless version on your black Jeep pretty well--gives it a nice contrast. I have a silver Jeep myself. I'm considering black inserts on mine, because I think the stainless might just blend in with my silver paint. I guess for me, the stainless/black choice depends on the color of the Jeep.
Old 11-09-2007, 10:05 PM
JK Super Freak

lol. your lucky, I have a red rock jk and I can decide between polished or black.

Quick Reply: Mr. Grille Aluminum Grille in Black