Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Muffler confusion!

Old 06-02-2012, 10:20 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Flowmaster 10

Here's how a flow master series 10 sounds like on a 12 JK

12 Jeep Wrangler Exhaust - YouTube
Old 06-02-2012, 08:23 PM
JK Enthusiast

I dont know if thats with or without the resonator but thats fairly crappy sounding to me
Old 06-02-2012, 08:25 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by kh202
It doesn't sound like a race car. I've had the 40, super 44 and now super 10. It's not obnoxious and has a nice tone for a v6.. Similar to 44 just more aggressive
Oh i know it wont sound like a race car...thats just what they are made for. And they dont help a race car sound like race car...they are just enough muffler for cars that race at drag strips that require mufflers.
Old 06-02-2012, 08:40 PM
JK Newbie

On the last TJ I had I put in a 2.5" high flow cat, all 2.5" pipe, flowmaster before the rear axle, 3" rear pipe and dumped it facing down just inches behind the rear axle, it was definitely the best sounding Jeep (6cyl) I ever heard, I plan on doing something similar on my 12, upsize the pipe after the cats, true duals (if possible), flowmaster(s), and some 3" pipe dumping just over the rear axle (facing down). The shorter the total length the louder and racier it will sound, the larger the pipe the lower the sound (and obviously the muffler impacts it a lot).

The muffler shop charged me less because I was using less pipe and it was about half the price of a catback system.
Old 06-02-2012, 09:10 PM
JK Enthusiast

Not only would it sound nothing like you inline 6cyl jeep...true duals will actually be a serious pain with trying to fabricate it and if all the tests are right you will lose a great amoun of the trq curve by losing the balancing tube in the exhuast...ie the doughnut
Old 06-02-2012, 09:11 PM
JK Enthusiast

Also go to big on the pipe and you are just wasting money

Quick Reply: Muffler confusion!