Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Multiple Manufacturer Assembled Suspension Lift

Old 06-19-2008, 03:59 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TeraFlex
1 pair arms will allow you to set the pinion angle. Most people tend to buy uppers because of cost reasons. But with both upper/lower arms not only do get set your axles in/out better, plus setting the pinon angle. Also with the 2 sets (upper/lower) you increase the flex in you suspension. When you install 1 pair of adj arms the factory arms become the limiting point for flex. Again I hope this helps and if I am mistaken please someone correct me.
Thanks for the answer. This is what I have heard all along. I don't know about the driveshaft yet as I am still researching it. In all honesty, I'll probably defalt and just go ahead and replace mine since breaking down isnt in the plan. I'm kinda glad I went ahead and got all 8 arms now even though the pocket book is feeling it,
Thanks TERAFLEX
Old 06-20-2008, 06:45 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Bodo
Thanks for the answer. This is what I have heard all along. I don't know about the driveshaft yet as I am still researching it. In all honesty, I'll probably defalt and just go ahead and replace mine since breaking down isnt in the plan. I'm kinda glad I went ahead and got all 8 arms now even though the pocket book is feeling it,
Thanks TERAFLEX
Your welcome!!
Old 06-20-2008, 06:51 AM
JK Super Freak

You can get away with one set of adjustables but it's really a bandaide solution according to several vendors here and two install shops I've talked too. Teraflex is vendor three that is stating the best approach is to install all 8 the first time as it allows for better dialing of the suspension. Remember you can get away with not buying upper and lowers but it's best to get both and it allows for the best alignment of axle, caster and pinion angles.
Old 06-20-2008, 10:14 AM
JeepSWAG
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TeraFlex
Woods is not Tom Woods.
Thanks for figuring that out. I started to read the previous post and was clueless why anybody would be asking me about drive shafts. My answer would have made Tom Woods look like he didn't know anything about drive shafts.

Last edited by Woods; 06-20-2008 at 10:18 AM.
Old 06-20-2008, 03:51 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by NE Wrangling
You can get away with one set of adjustables but it's really a bandaide solution according to several vendors here and two install shops I've talked too. Teraflex is vendor three that is stating the best approach is to install all 8 the first time as it allows for better dialing of the suspension. Remember you can get away with not buying upper and lowers but it's best to get both and it allows for the best alignment of axle, caster and pinion angles.
Well 800-1000 dollars for control arms is rediculous. I will someday have all 8 replaced but for us who are not made of money, you can I promise build a lift at the 4 inch height without control arms. Tell, Terraflex, Superlift, Rustys, Full Traction, and all the other entry level lifts that their lifts dont work because they dont have control arms. let me do this one more time.

Jeep stock control arms are quite beefy and honestly your "bandaid" approach is money thrown down the drain. Unlimiteds are LIMITED by their wheelbase and can never see the full ability of heim control arms. The RTI score will remain in the 800 simply due to our long lenght. The only thing that I would do if I ever do buy control arms will be the lowers, because the uppers may not allow enough movement of the axle per wayolife.

Lowers are the ONLY ones that need to be replaced for adjustability, plain and simple. And even then dont need to be done right away, depends on your jeeps "feel" Flighty, darty, etc...

Last edited by JulietKilo; 06-25-2008 at 08:15 AM.
Old 06-23-2008, 03:50 PM
JK Super Freak

Got some goodies today from Northridge and BLKRUBI.

JKS Front and Rear Trackbars

4" Red Skyjacker coils

5100 Full Traction Shocks will be here next week according to Dave...

Last edited by JulietKilo; 08-02-2008 at 08:39 PM.
Old 06-25-2008, 08:26 AM
JK Super Freak

OK parts I have (510 total)

4 inch coils 155
JKS front and rear adjustable track bars 280
Teraflex extended sway bar links 25
Teraflex bumpstops 25
Teraflex brake line brackets 25

Parts on Backorder (155 total)

4 inch Fulltraction/FS5100 Shocks 155

Parts I may need after install (325)

Extended/longer front brake lines and Sensor wires 75
Front Lower adjustable control arms 250

Total in lift as of today = 665
Total if Jeep needs other parts = 990

Last edited by JulietKilo; 06-25-2008 at 08:54 AM.
Old 06-25-2008, 09:04 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by JulietKilo
Got some goodies today from Northridge and BLKRUBI.

JKS Front and Rear Trackbars

4" Red Skyjacker coils

5100 Full Traction Shocks will be here next week according to Dave...
Awesome, bet you're ready to get those parts on. I need a deal on shocks like that!
Old 06-25-2008, 09:22 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by BLKRUBI
Awesome, bet you're ready to get those parts on. I need a deal on shocks like that!
Cant wait! The shocks were not that big a deal. They are the FS5100 Hydro NOT the 5100 Bilsteins Monotube.

Everyone on here buys the Nitro Monotubes and Northridge has not even sold the shocks before so there is not much feedback on them. I am cheap and wanting to be different I went with the Hydro's to give some feedback on them. I am more concerned about the eye to eye lenght compressed and lengthened to get an idea of travel but this info is no where to be found. I will be sure to review them on and off the road. Hydro's have always been good to me but I must admit my rubi monotubes have me wondering if I should have gotten another monotube. Rubi shocks are awesome!
Old 07-06-2008, 08:57 PM
JK Super Freak

Still waiting on shocks. 3 weeks and counting...

Quick Reply: Multiple Manufacturer Assembled Suspension Lift