Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Multiple Manufacturer Assembled Suspension Lift

Old 06-18-2008, 08:57 AM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JulietKilo
Now that is the feed back I am looking for. I will get some new brake lines! The whole point of going this big was to flex the crap out of the front end!
JK, my brake lines were ok with those springs. The right front got a little tight at full flex, but I don't have any drop brackets for them either. My shocks also limited travel. It depends on how much travel you're FT shock are going to have. I am planning to upgrade to SS lines because I'm going to change shocks and get something with longer travel. Also, don't for get about your ESP wires. They might need to be extended depending on how much flex you will have.

Last edited by BLKRUBI; 06-18-2008 at 08:59 AM.
Old 06-18-2008, 12:12 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks BLKRUBI I will be weary of the front brake and electrical parts and put them to the test. I am not sure of the shocks just yet but I am looking at for the specs as I write this.
Old 06-18-2008, 12:32 PM
JK Super Freak

You don't need the bracket for the adjustiable track bars. If you do decide to put one one... make sure you beef up the bracket on the axle.
Old 06-18-2008, 12:43 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by 2climbbig
You don't need the bracket for the adjustiable track bars. If you do decide to put one one... make sure you beef up the bracket on the axle.
That is what I thought, that was the reason for the track bars in the first place. I know about the axle ones ripping off, again I wont need to beef them up with the JKS trackbars.
Old 06-19-2008, 10:36 AM
JeepSWAG
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Originally Posted by RubiconOrdie
I'll scond (or third) the control arms. You can get by with just the front lowers and then rear uppers to fix your rear angle. Or keep the money on hand and drive it after you install your lift. If you don't mind how it handles then you can wait, if you feel it's too "darty" then order and install them. I for one didn't like how mine handled so I installed adjustable control arms fast. I have a 2 Door, though.
Unless your goal is to move the front axle fore or aft, I'd recommend front upper control arms before lowers. This will allow for camber adjustment.
Old 06-19-2008, 10:42 AM
JK Super Freak

I may just end up making my own alignment cams for now. I have some stuff in my garage that would work perfectly. Trying to source a cheap set also because the only ones I have found were from RE and they are 60 bucks for two bolts with offset washers.
Old 06-19-2008, 11:41 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Woods
Unless your goal is to move the front axle fore or aft, I'd recommend front upper control arms before lowers. This will allow for camber adjustment.
Hey, Woods, what is the "Real Deal On Rear Driveshafts" for a 2 door. I have been told that with my 4" lift that I will and I won't.
Now, several of these "won'ts" are coming from major, and I mean MAJOR, eastcoast driveline shops and manufactureses. I realize we dont have the wheelin that you guys have out there but shouldnt they know??
I have been told the front lower control arms is all I need to set my caster after a 4" lift on my 2dr Rubi. Then again, I hear, NO, I need the front UPPERS. What the hell!! IS there a difinitive answer or not? I have ordered all eight Currie control arms just so there is no room for error. I am about to order a rear driveshaft just to feel good about this lifting thing. But is it something I really need? . It's frustrating for someone that doesnt know for sure and gets conflicting answers. I've been to your website but I think WE, would appreciate a definite answer to these questions. We don't need or won't to spend $$$ that arent necessary.
Thanks,
Just venting some since I have received so many different answers.
Bodo

Last edited by Bodo; 06-19-2008 at 11:44 AM.
Old 06-19-2008, 11:44 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Woods is not Tom Woods.
Old 06-19-2008, 11:55 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by TeraFlex
Woods is not Tom Woods.

I figured that would happen eventually...
Old 06-19-2008, 12:43 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by TeraFlex
Woods is not Tom Woods.
OK, TeraFlex, please answer the questions. Why is it there are so many different answers?? I know you are offering driveshafts now. Are these really necessary? And how about the different answers on the front lower control arms versus the front uppers for adjusting the caster. I'm not trying to be obnoxious here but we get so many different answers to the same questions. I would like a difinitive answer to these, as I'm sure so many others would. As I said before, a major east coast driveline shop said I would not need a rear driveshaft. Most of the west coast people say I will. Granted, you all on the west coast see way more wheelin than we do and I respect that. I just don't like getting so many different opinions when it comes to my paycheck.

Quick Reply: Multiple Manufacturer Assembled Suspension Lift