Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Multiple Manufacturer Assembled Suspension Lift

Old 07-12-2008, 08:40 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Shocks wont be here until Monday so I will install those later but I did get the other parts on the Jeep today.

Some install notes:
Getting the taller springs in was a breeze. YOu just need to disconnect BOTH shocks and sway bar links. The axle will then fall plenty to pop both of them in.

With the 2.5 inch TF BB I had rubbing issues on the front air dam. That is no longer a problem and I have no rubbing issues anywhere on the street.

The 2.5 inch links in the rear are still working great for the 4 inch lift but I will need to get longer sway bar links for the front. The stock ones are too short for the front of the wrangler and will hinder off road performance but will work on the street with the rubi sway bar. These will limit the droop in the front only.

The TF BB bumpstop extension wont be needed with the longer springs with proper shocks.

The Jeep does not wander with the taller springs. Its great. In fact no control arms will be needed anytime soon. I will be running stockers for a while. I do need longer brake lines but I was able to get a lot of slack out for the brake sensor lines.

WIth the axle properly centered with beefy JKS trackbars there is no rubbing from and of the lift kit parts. There was when I was running stock track bars.

After the 4 inch springs installed I gained 2 inches up front and 1.5 inches in the rear. That is a total of 4.5 inches up front and 4 inches in the rear when you figure in the old 2.5 inches that the TF BB gave me.

Front height before

Front height after

In the garage getting a make over.

I now have about 2 inches from the top of the Jeep to the 80.5 inch high opening.

Wife made me lunch.

And I ate that lunch.

Rear Height before. 7 inches

Rear Height after. 8.5 inches

Thicker Skyjacker coils vs TF BB and small gauge stockers

Me, My Son, and My Jeep

Last edited by JulietKilo; 07-13-2008 at 11:26 AM.
Old 07-12-2008, 08:53 PM
JK Super Freak

JKS FRONT AND REAR TRACK BAR INSTALL

Using a washer, some string, and a piece of tape I measured my axle centers.

Drivers side

Passenger side

Take the difference between these two and divide by two to get your track bar length. Then install the trackbar and tighten the jam nut. Really easy.

Here is the trick I used. With this you can get a good estimate of how far off to one side it is. Then if its off to the passenger side which they all should be you just lengthen the bar to stock lenth (41.25 inches) and add half of what the difference is. This was my method and I just came up with it in the garage so if someone else has a better way I wish I could have used it while doing all this work.

Stocker VS JKS (BEEFY)

Another angle of the stocker vs JKS

The front installs the same way here are some pics for reference.

Last edited by JulietKilo; 07-14-2008 at 12:58 PM. Reason: added pics of front trackbar
Old 07-12-2008, 09:12 PM
JK Super Freak

SENSOR CABLE ADJUSTMENT

The brake lines are tight before the adjustment and longer brake lines are installed but I was able to get the sensor cable to have a ton of slack. There was slack in the front of the caliper that can be moved to the rear for longer droops.

Pull the connectors off the mounts. The will slide right off. Then you can just slide the long grommet down the wire to create room for droop.

Move onto the lower grommet and do the same.

Reinstall them and you will be amazed with the extra slack.

After the adjustment there is plenty of wire for the droop. The brake lines however will need attention eventually. The shocks will determine how much and that will be addressed as soon as I get them.
Old 07-13-2008, 07:07 AM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looks GREAT! What kind of wheels are those?
Old 07-13-2008, 10:14 AM
JK Super Freak

V-Drive MB Motoring Machined/Black 17X8.5 5.75" BS

The back spacing makes the tires looks smaller then other Jeeps but I love the way they tuck under the flares. I dont sling mud or water on myself when I am driving with the doors and top off.
Old 07-13-2008, 11:29 AM
JK Super Freak

Default Some poser shots

Old 07-14-2008, 12:42 PM
JK Super Freak

Just ordered brake lines and additional sway bar links from Northridge. The front end of this thing is going to flex like mad!!!
Old 07-14-2008, 01:00 PM
JK Super Freak

Rubi Unlimited parts

Old 07-16-2008, 12:48 PM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looks great, JK!
Old 07-16-2008, 05:56 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by BLKRUBI
Looks great, JK!
Thanks man! I love this Jeep. My TJ project was not even half as fun as this one is and I am doing all the modding in my own garage.

Quick Reply: Multiple Manufacturer Assembled Suspension Lift