Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

My Gobi Rack install......

Old 04-18-2014, 05:03 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by D1EHARD
EAD Offroad. They initially told me 8 weeks. Going on 10 now. I know these racks are the best of the best, so I was fine waiting. I made plans at the beginning of the year for a trip at the end of April, and it's cutting it close. I thought I would have all kinds of time.
Wow! Got mine from NorthRidge4x4. I called Gobi themselves before I ordered it and they gave me the same time frame as NR. Gotta deal with my friends at NR4x4 before anyone else. It's well worth the waiting time though! Awesome rack! Very sturdy and well built!

Sent from my iPad using JK-Forum
Old 04-18-2014, 05:08 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by CajunTiger
Wow! Got mine from NorthRidge4x4. I called Gobi themselves before I ordered it and they gave me the same time frame as NR. Gotta deal with my friends at NR4x4 before anyone else. It's well worth the waiting time though! Awesome rack! Very sturdy and well built!

Yeah, I saw a couple weeks after I placed my order that Northridge had them in freakin stock...lol. I should have ordered from them in the first place. I get a lot of stuff from them anyway. EAD came heavily recommended as they are just down the road from GOBI and do a ton of GOBI business. Maybe that's why the wait is long...? I know it will be worth the wait. Just getting impatient. EAD has been up front about it too, good service.
Old 04-18-2014, 06:21 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by pilosopo
Once I added the quick disconnects my wind deflector became pointless.

There's something weird going on aerodynamically with the quick disconnect plates that makes the deflector vibrate at the ends that didn't happen when I didn't have the plates.

Sent from my C6806 using Tapatalk
I have the quick disconnects, and continued problems with wind noise. In fact I just took the wind deflector off today! At 65 and faster it vibrates. I love the rack, but hate the wind noise.
Old 04-18-2014, 06:27 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Northridge is who I order everything from. I'm going to try removing my quick disconnects to see if that solves the wind deflector wiggle at high speed. I've only used them once anyhow since I've owned my rack. Not a big deal to just use a wrench
Old 04-18-2014, 07:31 PM
JK Enthusiast

Bought mine from trail duty. Only time will tell!!
Old 04-19-2014, 08:19 AM
Former Vendor

If you always have basic tools handy, the quick disconnects are not really needed since it only need to remove 4 nuts in order to loosen the front portion of the basket from the light bar. I have always suggested my customers save the money and use it toward other attachments such as sun roof insert, Ax/shovel mount or the high-lift mount.
Old 04-19-2014, 08:21 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Alpha Expedition
If you always have basic tools handy, the quick disconnects are not really needed since it only need to remove 4 nuts in order to loosen the front portion of the basket from the light bar. I have always suggested my customers save the money and use it toward other attachments such as sun roof insert, Ax/shovel mount or the high-lift mount.
It does seem to be a waste of money!

Old 04-19-2014, 08:43 AM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by CajunTiger
It does seem to be a waste of money!

Really depends, for someone who have the hard top install most of the time, then yeah the quick disconnects are not really needed. But some customers with soft top, they do prefer to have them. For the 300+ Gobi racks I have sold so far most of them don't end up messing with the rack that much after installed.
Old 04-19-2014, 08:57 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Alpha Expedition
Really depends, for someone who have the hard top install most of the time, then yeah the quick disconnects are not really needed. But some customers with soft top, they do prefer to have them. For the 300+ Gobi racks I have sold so far most of them don't end up messing with the rack that much after installed.
I do remove my hardtop, so it is a good idea for the quick disconnects, but for the problems that people are having, kinda useless to have them on.

Old 04-19-2014, 09:30 AM
Former Vendor

True, but you can also remove the hard top with just removing the ladder(s) to. Depend on which is easier for you.

Quick Reply: My Gobi Rack install......