Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My jeep is leaking !!!

Old 01-11-2016, 05:00 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Took two tries, but my dealership stopped my leak. Had it on both sides down the A pillar as described here. Took a new seal on the drivers side of the freedom top and new black sealant all the way around both sides to fix it.

One side note, the "dealership" fixed it by using an outside company. They used the same company to fix a sunroof leak on our van a few years back as well. Unfortunately I didn't catch their name but they are popular among Dodge/Jeep dealerships in the. Philadelphia area.

-Dave
Old 01-12-2016, 04:04 AM
JK Freak

Default Roof leaks

I know this has been a topic that goes round and round because Jeep keeps building Wranglers that have Freedom Tops with a known DEFECT! But when the Jeep Bug bites, it bites hard. Has anyone attempted to actually seal the entire roof from the outside? I've seen some Wranglers that have been completely covered with a Textured finish including the roof, but I don't know if the seals were previously masked off or also covered. And will it stop the leaking? I'm planning a purchase of another New Wrangler, and I know going in, that it is going to leak!
Old 01-12-2016, 04:17 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by saharaharry
I know this has been a topic that goes round and round because Jeep keeps building Wranglers that have Freedom Tops with a known DEFECT! But when the Jeep Bug bites, it bites hard. Has anyone attempted to actually seal the entire roof from the outside? I've seen some Wranglers that have been completely covered with a Textured finish including the roof, but I don't know if the seals were previously masked off or also covered. And will it stop the leaking? I'm planning a purchase of another New Wrangler, and I know going in, that it is going to leak!
Almost 5 years and my top has never leaked a drop... But I just got a soft top last night that I plan on putting on. My stance might change pretty quickly!
Old 01-12-2016, 04:48 AM
JK Freak

Default Roof leaks

How does a Soft top apply to this Topic? If your hardtop does not leak, YOU are a LUCKY JEEPER!
Old 01-12-2016, 06:54 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts

Here is another link to the JK water leak .pdf

http://www.ruleworks.co.uk/carguide/..._Leaks_All.pdf
Old 01-16-2016, 06:36 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by brankz
Jeep is life
Life is water
Water is life

Now all makes sense

If you have a jeep will leak air oil and water 👍
Since there is no 'like' button on this forum (and no features that don't totally suck at all in the mobile app ) I am quoting this to give it my thumbs up. I about spit out my coffee, lol. Best answer ever.

Unless you want the leaks fixed, I guess.

PS try to find "JK Water Leak Diagnose & Repair Manual.pdf" somewhere online. I'm a little afraid to post it because of copyright, but it has solutions to many types of Jeep leaks.
Old 01-16-2016, 07:01 AM
JK Freak

My jeep has never leaked, unless I leave a window open while it's raining and then I get water dumped right in my lap. My hard top never leaked but I sold it a little over a year ago and have run a soft top exclusively, hell even my Mopar bikini top doesn't leak at the front, obviously it gets wet in the back but i have no problems with water leakage at all
Old 01-22-2016, 03:12 PM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

After buying my Jeep used back in July, I noticed after a few car washes that a few drops would end up on the drivers side door panel. Then after some rain, I'd notice some, but still not bad. All of the sudden it went from one side, to both sides, and now it comes through heavy unless blocked with a towel or shammy or else my floors get soaked. Having just recently moved to Portland (where the rain don't stop) I've tried 1/8" weather stripping around the door jam with varying degrees of success. It seems to deform too much though, so I finally bought the Foam replacement kit Jeep (68026937AB) offers and I'm going to try and install it this weekend. It won't be long before we get some more rain, so I'll let you know how it works and if it fixes the problem. I think TSB 23-005-09 refers to this problem and I'm going to reference that for the install.
Old 02-02-2016, 09:29 AM
JK Newbie

I have a 14 jk, both my doors leak, you can see it run down the inside of door seal and on to the floor, carpet gets wet, been to the dealer 4 time and once to an outside company with no results, did anyone mention lemon law!!
Old 02-02-2016, 03:59 PM
JK Enthusiast

Just had my 2014 in for the third time for driver side leak…

Trip 1 - I brought it in Dry (after I dried the whole driver side). They tested it, said there was no leak and called me back. Soon as I reached under the carpet they say "oh hmm, some water must have gotten in. But, we didn't see where it came through so lets wait for it to dry and we'll schedule another appointment".

Trip 2 - Again, brought in dry. I showed them it was dry the second I pulled up. They do the same water test, found a leak and actually replaced the door seal (which was great). Called me to pick it up and again the carpet was completely soaked. First off, how is it good customer service to give a vehicle back with a soaked carpet?? So, this means that they did not check all variable to see if the jeep still leaked after they finished testing. How do you check a WET variable without drying to see if it gets wet again?? They say "nope, theres no problem". After fighting for an hour, they decide to keep it overnight.

Trip 3 - (which is really day 2 of trip 2) - they called me after saying they pulled all the carpets out and don't SEE where the water is coming in, so its not leaking anymore. Again, reach under the carpet and yet again it is completely soaked. The service manager says "no, thats not wet" after myself, my wife and the guy at the check in counter all reached in and said it was wet".

Basically, they keep telling me that "chrysler/Jeep won't replace parts unless they SEE where the water is coming in from, not whether it is actually wet or not. This doesn't make any sense as they obviously do not understand the basic science of testing variables, needing a constant (a dry carpet to begin each test).

Any suggestions?! I think I'm calling chrysler corporate tomorrow AM to discuss further.

Oh, and the manager told me "well, some jeeps leak - it just happens". I guess thats a new motto? I asked him if he'd be willing to hang that on the side of the building as good advertisement for future sales…

Ugh.

Last edited by DKJeep17; 02-02-2016 at 04:01 PM.

Quick Reply: My jeep is leaking !!!