Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My jeep is leaking !!!

Old 02-11-2017, 10:28 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JayswranglerX
Nailed it...personally, if you buy a 45k jeep and beat the hell out of it you have more money than brains. Sent from my SM-N920T using JK-Forum
I pay 24ish I think.... and I'm not a ass hole, but this is true lately I been knowing lots of Dbags jeep owners this people just need to kind their own dam business and be helpful in a nice way and not in a dick way

Sorry....:: that just came out out of nowhere lol
Old 03-25-2018, 04:32 PM
JK Newbie

Question 2017 JKU Hard Rock leaks like a sieve

Hello,

I have a leaky 2017 Hard Rock JKU soft top since new! It leaks thru the driver door seals about 8" from the door front, an 8-10" puddle into the drivers side floor mat every time it rains hard since literally day one. It has been into the dealer 3X, 2+ weeks each time plus the attention of OE Jeep Care Tech and they have done everything they know, seals, mods etc, same exact leak with no cure. Honestly I am done with this! I have done what we all do to make these vehicles our own, $2750 worth in mods plus the cost fo the Jeep. What can I do thru either Lemon Law or Jeep? So far I am ignored thru Jeep customer care but the service dept at my dealer is on my side; at +$50K invested I'm not going away, this is very anoying!!! I now keep a gym towel on my drivers side floor when it rains. I recently recontacted Jeep Customer Care and am waiting a responsse, my dealer service advisor knows my frustration and trying to elevate from his side. I told Jeep Customer Care they need to come up with another solution other than to just leave my Jeep at the dealer for another (#4) 2 week plus stay; I.E. 3 strikes your out!

If anyone can add pertinent info, please chime in, I am all ears!!!

Thank you kinldy!
Old 03-26-2018, 05:21 AM
JK Freak

Received 67 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by billbirch1
Hello,

I have a leaky 2017 Hard Rock JKU soft top since new! It leaks thru the driver door seals about 8" from the door front, an 8-10" puddle into the drivers side floor mat every time it rains hard since literally day one. It has been into the dealer 3X, 2+ weeks each time plus the attention of OE Jeep Care Tech and they have done everything they know, seals, mods etc, same exact leak with no cure. Honestly I am done with this! I have done what we all do to make these vehicles our own, $2750 worth in mods plus the cost fo the Jeep. What can I do thru either Lemon Law or Jeep? So far I am ignored thru Jeep customer care but the service dept at my dealer is on my side; at +$50K invested I'm not going away, this is very anoying!!! I now keep a gym towel on my drivers side floor when it rains. I recently recontacted Jeep Customer Care and am waiting a responsse, my dealer service advisor knows my frustration and trying to elevate from his side. I told Jeep Customer Care they need to come up with another solution other than to just leave my Jeep at the dealer for another (#4) 2 week plus stay; I.E. 3 strikes your out!

If anyone can add pertinent info, please chime in, I am all ears!!!

Thank you kinldy!
At this point I'd ask for a brand new door at a minimum, there's a chance that is the lemon. If they replaced the seals, I'd make sure they actually did...trust me they don't always do what they claim was done.
Old 03-26-2018, 05:57 AM
JK Newbie

Talking Hopefully Jeep will get back with me this week

Hello and thank you BoraBora,

I know the seals were replaced, as well extra water diverter pieces to both sides (although the passenger side has never leaked). I know this as I removed the extra glue on the top and jam areas as well witnessed the new seals. They checked the door and it sits perfectly into the opening and closes perfectly. There is literally no visibly difference from left to right, other than the leak! With the addition of new seals, tech mods and confirming the fit, I think they gave up after 3 tries (2-3 weeks each time). Of course they will take it in again but my service advisor has seen other JKU's that just leak even with the service bulletins applied; in my case they went the extra with Jeep Factory Tech and service mods. Jeep has been very kind with an oil change service package and a tire damage package but I would gladly give it all back for a non-leaky Jeep. My Jeep seems built for Arizona not Portland, Oregon, but then it's triple black, LOL! My thinking is perhaps the soft top is the culprit, a hard top with gutters or a new JL will fix once and for all, it is so frustrating! This is my 2nd JKU, the other being a Willy's Wheeler w/o issues, go figure! BTW, the leak is exactly the same as the second week of ownership, or first time we had a good rain, no change what so ever! In the mean time I drive with a gym towel soaking up the night time puddle.
Old 05-15-2018, 09:03 AM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Leaking over the radio

Noob question here - and hoping someone who has recently re-worked this problem can provide info.

After reading the JK_Water_Leaks_All.pdf, I see the problem for my issue is on Freedom Panels themselves and that doc lists the following packages for replacement.

Right hand
68027813AA – 4mm Butyl x2
55397095AG – front/rear seal x2
68026937AB – front/rear foam x2

Left hand
68027813AA – 4mm Butyl x1
68026937AB – front/rear foam x1

.....or, since I don't know the age of that .pdf, is does this "kit" have it all?
https://www.amazon.com/Crown-Automotive-68026937AB-Jeep-Component/dp/B01BX3IT3C/ref=pd_sbs_263_2?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B01BX3IT3C&pd_rd_r=7QA112KSDD8Y4NT06C3E&pd_rd_w=Ej4qS&pd_rd_wg=XYCBX&psc=1&refRID=7QA112KSDD8Y4NT06C3E
Old 05-15-2018, 09:49 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 1,818 Likes on 1,588 Posts

Originally Posted by CMYGRIN
Noob question here - and hoping someone who has recently re-worked this problem can provide info.

After reading the JK_Water_Leaks_All.pdf, I see the problem for my issue is on Freedom Panels themselves and that doc lists the following packages for replacement.

Right hand
68027813AA – 4mm Butyl x2
55397095AG – front/rear seal x2
68026937AB – front/rear foam x2

Left hand
68027813AA – 4mm Butyl x1
68026937AB – front/rear foam x1

.....or, since I don't know the age of that .pdf, is does this "kit" have it all?
Crown Hard Top Components
I'm not a huge fan of the Q, but when it comes to random factory parts they make looking things up easy. It appears the amazon link you have above corresponds to the same pieces as in the Mopar parts kit -

https://www.quadratec.com/products/11190_8024.htm

and they list OMIX-ADA as well -

https://www.quadratec.com/p/omix-ada...ep-wrangler-jk

If it was my jeep, I think this might be an item I paid higher price for Mopar brand even though it's all the same stuff. There is Mopar on eBay for $29 (free shipping). eBay is usually my source for actual factory parts. Part # 68026937AB
Old 05-16-2018, 05:32 AM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by resharp001
If it was my jeep, I think this might be an item I paid higher price for Mopar brand even though it's all the same stuff. There is Mopar on eBay for $29 (free shipping). eBay is usually my source for actual factory parts. Part # 68026937AB
Thanks for the quick validation and excellent recommendation, ordered that mopar pack on ebay today.
Appreciate it.

Quick Reply: My jeep is leaking !!!