Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

My JK wont stay in 2,4,6,R after 1in BL

Old 12-05-2007, 09:15 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by davebloomer
you BETTER get this fixed by friday so u can still go wheelin (even though i can't)
I will have it done by then. You just had to decide not to go didn't you? Now I will be the youngest one going...lol. Just a bunch of older guys telling the young one to go thru some of the thougher places and get stuck and everything...j/k I know they will prolably read this also

As for the pics I will have them up by about 6pm at the latest.
Old 12-05-2007, 11:24 AM
JK Enthusiast

Ok here are the pics I haven't cut this yet but I can show where it hits and you guys can see why it trys to pop out of the lower gears

This first pic shows where I have the shifter knob off...I put my JK in 2nd and took both hands to steady my pull and pulled it off. It wasn't that hard but with 1 hand on it and I would have knocked myself out...

this pic shows the shifter boot off and by the pic you can see that I had a flat screwdriver to pry up because in my pic look at where the 2 slits are at the bottom of this pic where it was held inplace...these just pop out, very easy.http://img219.imageshack.us/img219/5...ture040ci1.jpg

See where the shifter bolts on? that thing is huge. See how close it is to the metal on the floorpan? Now look at the pic right below, I'm holding this boot down just like it does when in the back gears and what it seems to want to do is pinch it to where it can't go in the back gears. Back meaning 2,4,6,R.

http://img219.imageshack.us/img219/6...ture041pv1.jpg

Hope this helps you guys alittle. I'm not real good at explaining things. I don't know why but I think its pics 2 and 3 that wont show up but they are there for you to see, Try not to get confused but if you do just ask and I'll explain.

Last edited by thumperk15; 12-05-2007 at 11:34 AM.
Old 12-05-2007, 11:37 AM
JK Freak

Just pop the Shifter out of the tranny... Remove the top retainer plate.. Its spring loaded.. Push down and turn... Lay the shift rod on the bench take a hammer and increase the bend.. About 1.5 inches.. Put it back in.. Good to go..
Old 12-05-2007, 03:24 PM
JK Enthusiast

You see the lip where it hits??? I cut off that fold about 4 inches around (exactly where the shifter hits in each lower gear).. That's it... I didn't have to remove my boot, just reached in there and started cutting...
Old 12-05-2007, 05:06 PM
JK Enthusiast

I'm afraid that when I cut it I will get mud and water and everything in thru the hole. I took it off to go another route and keep it sealed still. Yea, I know what you mean.

Quick Reply: My JK wont stay in 2,4,6,R after 1in BL