Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

N-Fab step bars

Old 10-13-2011, 05:59 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default N-Fab step bars

Installed a pair of black N-Fab step bars. Very nice, quality product and it makes my Jeep look 10X better. The step really helps when getting in.

BUT, man...these things were a pain in the patootski to install. It took me longer than I thought it would just getting those bolts lined up in the holes. The pinch seams (rocker) are at slight angles a bit less than the brackets that are welded to the bar. That made a big difference. Overall, it took an hour longer as I kept having to move it around in just the right place to seat the bolts.

And they could have included some pictures. Instructions were kind of vague and some illustrations would haved helped. For dummies like me, a photo is worth a thousand words.

Great product, though. They look sharp. Will post a pic but it's dark now.
Old 10-13-2011, 07:50 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Desert Drifter
Installed a pair of black N-Fab step bars. Very nice, quality product and it makes my Jeep look 10X better. The step really helps when getting in.

BUT, man...these things were a pain in the patootski to install. It took me longer than I thought it would just getting those bolts lined up in the holes. The pinch seams (rocker) are at slight angles a bit less than the brackets that are welded to the bar. That made a big difference. Overall, it took an hour longer as I kept having to move it around in just the right place to seat the bolts.

And they could have included some pictures. Instructions were kind of vague and some illustrations would haved helped. For dummies like me, a photo is worth a thousand words.

Great product, though. They look sharp. Will post a pic but it's dark now.

Pictures.........
Old 10-13-2011, 11:10 PM
JK Jedi

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yup, these look great but out of my price range, pics?
Old 10-14-2011, 04:04 AM
JK Newbie

I agree. They look great, but the install was absolutely terrible getting the bolts to line up. But hey, it looks great.
Old 10-14-2011, 10:45 AM
JK Enthusiast

Here's a pic of a black Jeep with the steps. Looks just like mine.

Click image for larger version

Name:	J0746_01.jpg
Views:	186
Size:	15.6 KB
ID:	223630
Old 10-14-2011, 11:08 AM
JK Super Freak

That step looks like a nice rock hanger... Feel like that would be really a bear, getting snagged on rock all the time
Old 10-14-2011, 11:21 AM
JK Enthusiast

I just do trails and small rock hills. If one wants to rock crawl, this is probably not the step to have. But for my style of off roading, it's perfect and looks great. They are powdercoated and very robust.
Old 10-14-2011, 12:45 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by JKred
That step looks like a nice rock hanger... Feel like that would be really a bear, getting snagged on rock all the time
They are. If you do even moderate trails they will get hung up. If you do just mild trails should work well. They are very strong, but attach to the body.
Old 10-14-2011, 03:53 PM
JK Newbie

they have a set of rails that the step is bolt on so you can take it off when you offroad.

http://www.n-fab.com/products/sfID1/...2/99/sfID3/100

Last edited by mijku; 10-14-2011 at 03:59 PM.
Old 10-14-2011, 05:33 PM
JK Enthusiast

i want n-fab to make some step that sit that low but bolt to the frame

Quick Reply: N-Fab step bars