Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

need advice

Old 09-29-2009, 08:58 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need advice

i have an 09 rubicon unlimited, and have been driving my 70 year old dad with stage IV cancer around alot lately, he struggles to get in my jeep and wont take any help from me, i thought i saw on here a step that someone welded to the rubi rock rails and i cant find it now, i dont really want steps, but i cant watch him struggle everyday getting in and out, id love to upgrade to the shrockworks sidesteps but am alittle over spended these days, any suggestions?
Old 09-29-2009, 09:01 AM
JK Freak

I carry around a little step stool since my Mom can't make the climb in either. I just leave it in the back for the times it is needed.

Old 09-29-2009, 09:03 AM
JK Newbie

You may want to keep an eye open for a set of takeoff Sahara steps as a solution. Many times you will find folks willing to trade for the Rubicon rails.

I hope this helps.
Old 09-29-2009, 09:06 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The stock side steps are great and should be east to find as most people take them off and can't give them away
Old 09-29-2009, 09:23 AM
JK Jedi

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Instead of doing something permanent to your Jeep, just do what I did. Go to Wal Mart and buy a small two step step ladder. It's all plastic and folds flat. We pick up a family friend and take her to church every Sunday. She's 95 and uses it quite well.
Old 09-29-2009, 10:30 AM
JK Enthusiast

thanks guys, ill pick one up but hes 100% italian and stubborn s hell so i dont know if he will give in and use one
Old 09-29-2009, 03:23 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by jeepnick
thanks guys, ill pick one up but hes 100% italian and stubborn s hell so i dont know if he will give in and use one
I think the step stool might be the best option depending on how tall and limber your dad is. My 90 year grandmother loves riding in my JK, but even the Sahara side steps she still needs help.
Old 09-29-2009, 03:30 PM
JK Enthusiast

Do you have grab handles on the rollbar so he can help pull/balance/support himself? My GF relies on my Mastercraft Grab Handles alot to help her get in.

Last edited by ibjeepr; 09-29-2009 at 03:33 PM.
Old 09-29-2009, 04:21 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Locklain
I carry around a little step stool since my Mom can't make the climb in either. I just leave it in the back for the times it is needed.

Originally Posted by ibjeepr
Do you have grab handles on the rollbar so he can help pull/balance/support himself? My GF relies on my Mastercraft Grab Handles alot to help her get in.
agreed step stool and grab handles and you are set
Old 09-29-2009, 04:26 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Locklain

X2. This is what I do when my sister and mother in law come to visit us.

Quick Reply: need advice