Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need Advice - Clutch Issues

Old 10-19-2010, 08:57 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Since they put a totally different clutch in it shouldn't need to be machined the same...???

What should the throwout bearing clearance be? The shop is saying he is going to lengthen the control rod to force the TB to always touch the pressure plate. Won't that prematurely wear the TB? Just like riding the clutch.
Old 10-20-2010, 10:56 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by RubiRedJK
Since they put a totally different clutch in it shouldn't need to be machined the same...???
You need to contact the clutch supplier and ask them what the surface specs are for the flywheel. Since it is not the same material or size as the OEM clutch plate, the specs for the flywheel surface are most likely not the same as OEM. Inform the supplier of the JEEP TSB and verify whether or not they require a flat surface or not.
Old 10-20-2010, 11:25 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by A/C Guy
You need to contact the clutch supplier and ask them what the surface specs are for the flywheel.
Thanks AC, I'll do that!

I got a call from the shop and they extended the rod coming off the slave cylinder that actuates the throwout bearing. We'll see today if it is any better...???
Old 04-27-2011, 04:05 PM
JK Newbie

Default Clutch fluid leak

Hi all. I had a Centreforce clutch put in the 07 JK Unlim Rubicon. Clutch has worked well. Yesterday I lost the clutch - no pedal. Underneath, the clutch fluid had leaked out from inside the clutch housing. I am assuming that a hose may have come off from where it may attach inside to ? the thrust bearing. Does anyone know? I am tipping that the w/shop did not attach something properly. No doubt they will deny this. Is there a front cover that can betakenn off without removing the whole of the transmission? Thanks for your help.
Old 04-27-2011, 04:21 PM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by wallaby
Hi all. I had a Centreforce clutch put in the 07 JK Unlim Rubicon. Clutch has worked well. Yesterday I lost the clutch - no pedal. Underneath, the clutch fluid had leaked out from inside the clutch housing. I am assuming that a hose may have come off from where it may attach inside to ? the thrust bearing. Does anyone know? I am tipping that the w/shop did not attach something properly. No doubt they will deny this. Is there a front cover that can betakenn off without removing the whole of the transmission? Thanks for your help.
Add some fluid and go through an inspection process from filler to slave cylinder....
Old 04-27-2011, 04:27 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Battlefrog
Add some fluid and go through an inspection process from filler to slave cylinder....

I did all this. I think something has come apart inside the bell housing... something simple I hope. And, I hope that it is simple to fix since the JK is out of warranty (95000 km). The centreforce clutch is awesome compared to the stock set up. Any more ideas anyone? I really have no idea about what is inside the clutch housing. I have just returned from an 11000km trip into the Aussie outback since having the clutch fitted. Lucky the problem didn't happen out there. I have a feeliinbg that the thrust bearing is connected inside to the slave cylinder (which is outside) and I think that the hose/pipe to the thrust bearing inside the housing could have separated.

Last edited by wallaby; 04-27-2011 at 04:32 PM.
Old 09-08-2013, 12:58 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I know this thread is old but I have a noise (squeaky) coming from the clutch master cylinder and rattling from under the Jeep which I think might be the clutch... but I'm not positive. Everything seem tight on the outside. I just purchased it used, and I need to be sure that everything is ok.

I have no real history on my Jeep which is an 07 JKU Rubicon. But I have 60 days to make the dealer fix anything.

Quick Reply: Need Advice - Clutch Issues