Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

need back spacing help

Old 05-10-2008, 06:28 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need back spacing help

I'm looking at a set of black steel wheels. The back spacing is 4 inches. I have seen that most here are 4.5 inches of back spacing. Am I going to have issues with the tires hitting the flares when I stuff my tires??? I am running a 2.5 Tera flex bb with 33x 12.5 all terrains with disconnects on the front.
Old 05-10-2008, 06:57 PM
JK Freak

I'm not an expert. but from reading a bunch on here, given your lift. I think you will be fine, but please consult one of the more seasoned vets on the forum.
Old 05-10-2008, 07:36 PM
JK Super Freak

You will not have a problem...mine has 16x8's with 4" BS, my tires are only 32" tall but I've only got 1-3/4" of lift so it's about the same difference I guess. They don't rub the flare unless it is COMPLETELY stuffed, even then it's only a little.

Old 05-10-2008, 08:07 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by thissideup
I'm looking at a set of black steel wheels. The back spacing is 4 inches. I have seen that most here are 4.5 inches of back spacing. Am I going to have issues with the tires hitting the flares when I stuff my tires??? I am running a 2.5 Tera flex bb with 33x 12.5 all terrains with disconnects on the front.
man you would not believe how many different stories I got on this same subject. I am going with steel rims and 35's on a 2.5 TF BB. after discount tire consulted 100 voices. they said I would be fine with 0 centermount on the rim and 3.5 backspacing and that my tire would stick out a bit but not hit. do I think they know what the hell they are talking about? "no" but we will see.
Old 05-11-2008, 07:00 PM
JK Super Freak

Thats who I'm dealing with as well. As soon as the sale of my house closes and I close on my new on I'm going to go for it. Don't want to rock the boat with the way things are right now. Thanks for the reply....

Quick Reply: need back spacing help