Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Need help with shocks!!

Old 01-25-2014, 11:37 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help with shocks!!

So I have a 3.5" rubicon express lift and to be honest it drives like crap. I have stock control arms which could be a factor but I believe it's mostly due to springs and shocks tuned for a lot more weight than I'm running. My plan is to go with evo plush ride coils but I'd also like to get new shocks cause the RE ones are horrible. So basically what are some good options for a smooth shock. I'd really like adjustable shocks but they're pricey unless I get the ranchos which seem kinda cheap to me but I'm open to a non adjustable shock if it's tuned right. I know it's a jeep and not supposed to be fast but I like mob whoops whenever I get the chance and with a ride that's hell on uneven freeways driving fast in the desert is a real struggle. Thanks any advice is appreciated.
Old 01-26-2014, 02:12 AM
JK Enthusiast

Check out for 2.0 non adjustable. I run them with my rubicon express lift and I love them, I will be getting another set when I upgrade to a bigger lift.
Old 01-26-2014, 07:40 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 363 Likes on 289 Posts

You are not even close to "fast thru the desert" and don't think you are going to be able to do it on the cheap. Woops with a really nice on road ride is nearly impossible to build as well without coil overs and bypass shocks.
Old 01-26-2014, 08:38 AM
JK Enthusiast

Try OME shocks. I believe they were about 85 a piece buy ride quality went up ten fold
Old 01-26-2014, 09:20 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by TheDirtman
You are not even close to "fast thru the desert" and don't think you are going to be able to do it on the cheap. Woops with a really nice on road ride is nearly impossible to build as well without coil overs and bypass shocks.
Sorry I should have been more clear. I don't mean fast in the desert like prerunner status or anything. I just mean comfortably cruising at 30-40 vs getting beat to death at 15. Also I do eventually plan on coil overs and bypasses but don't have the money so just looking for something a step in that direction.

Quick Reply: Need help with shocks!!