Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Need help spending $700

Old 12-12-2007, 04:01 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help spending $700

First of all I wheel my JK and when I go wheeling with friends I can tend to wheel pretty hard. I don't really go through big mudholes because I can't really blow an engine in something I don't really own yet so I could spend $500 on a snorkel for looks only or maybe if I got it I'd end up flooding the Jeep and tearing something up. I'm really considering a little help on a lift kit, right now I'm a 2dr with 35's, stock 3.21's in a 6 speed and 1 inch BL to help clear the tires a little more. I would go with something for protection like rock sliders. I have a guy that would give me 4.10's for free I just pay like $50 or so for shipping but I would be out $500 or more to install because I could run into needing a install kit for the gears. I'm just confused about everything and what I really need for my Jeep...damn jeep...
Old 12-12-2007, 04:14 PM
JK Enthusiast

My first choice would be lower gears, but if I was going to go through the trouble and expense, it would be for at least 4.88's,

my second choice would be armor, if you wheel hard, you want to protect your investment, especially the oil pan and tranny, not to mention it helps you slide over obstacles easier.,

third choice would be recovery gear, winch, straps, stuff of that sort,,,,

Wish I was in your predicament
Old 12-12-2007, 04:19 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by kerryp
My first choice would be lower gears, but if I was going to go through the trouble and expense, it would be for at least 4.88's,

my second choice would be armor, if you wheel hard, you want to protect your investment, especially the oil pan and tranny, not to mention it helps you slide over obstacles easier.,

third choice would be recovery gear, winch, straps, stuff of that sort,,,,

Wish I was in your predicament
Gears would be a good choice but yea, $700 won't do that for me and besides believe it or not I haven't been in one place to where I would really need lower gearing. I ride pretty hard but theres always low 4wd...lol...it cuts my high gear in half when climbing. I may get sliders but a lift is tempting...

If anyone has info on a good cb radio that would be a good thing to have also when I go riding with buddies.
Old 12-12-2007, 04:20 PM
JK Enthusiast

This one is easy. You aren't wheelin too hard with a 1 in body lift and 35's. Get a lift and call it a day. Hands down that will benefit you the most. Next, get those gears installed.
Old 12-12-2007, 04:28 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Westbayou
This one is easy. You aren't wheelin too hard with a 1 in body lift and 35's. Get a lift and call it a day. Hands down that will benefit you the most. Next, get those gears installed.
LOL..guess your right I didn't say I never hit that dang razor blade in front of our back tires. My tires are close is there a good kit out there for that price? I have hit the tires and eventhough nothing seems to want to break or blow out doesn't mean it won't. I would have more flex if I went up higher.

If you where in my postion with the 35's and 1 inch body would you go up 3 more or 4 more inches and get new d-shafts later on down the road when like a coule weeks because I wont have the cash but my best buddies dad owns a d-shaft shop which means good deal for me. Whats a good price on some sway bar disconnects?

Thanks guys
Old 12-12-2007, 04:33 PM
JK Junkie

Take the plunge.....OME 2" lift.....you won't regret it...
Old 12-12-2007, 04:35 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by BaltChief
Take the plunge.....OME 2" lift.....you won't regret it...
whats a price? that may be just what I need, I would be at 3 inches.
Old 12-12-2007, 04:36 PM
JK Junkie

Northridge hasit on sale for 650 right now....
Old 12-12-2007, 04:42 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by BaltChief
Northridge hasit on sale for 650 right now....
2 inches for $650 what comes with this kit?
Old 12-12-2007, 04:55 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by thumperk15
2 inches for $650 what comes with this kit?
geeez... no kidding... i would expect a cappucino machine at least and a little guy to run out and start my jeep for me every morning...

personally... i would get the TF 2.5" BB without shock extension and front and rear adjustable trackbars... with the extra cash, you could pick up some nice skyjacker or rancho gas shocks...

alternatively... you could just mail me the 700.00 and i promise i would post pics to show you what i would buy for my JK

Quick Reply: Need help spending $700