Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Need help spending $700

Old 12-13-2007, 02:08 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey armcop how about you buy the beer and come help me... That sounds like a good deal. You have the 2inch kit dont you? with your 35's
Old 12-13-2007, 04:38 PM
JK Enthusiast

I looked at Northridge4x4 and I can get the TF 2.5 kit for like $225 but I can go up to the Superlift 4inch for $575. So hard to choose I can go with the TF and get 3.5inches of lift with my 1in BL or I can have my buddies dad build me some D-shafts and go with the SL and get 5inches of lift. I wanna know everyones opinions. I think the 5 inches may be a bit much and I know that 3.5 would be enough.
Old 12-13-2007, 05:22 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Talking

Enough for what?

You are adding a BL to an SL...apples and oranges.

The BL makes room for tire stuffage/larger tires, the SL is adding frame ground clearance.

You could just do a 3.5" Suspension lift and a 1" BL....its still just a 3.5" lift, and you'd buy the track bars and so forth, and get the shafts at cost or for free or whatever...a good deal either way...and the 1" BL will give you room for articulation of the tires without having to rob uptravel with bumpstop extensions.
Old 12-13-2007, 06:09 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by TEEJ
Enough for what?

You are adding a BL to an SL...apples and oranges.

The BL makes room for tire stuffage/larger tires, the SL is adding frame ground clearance.

You could just do a 3.5" Suspension lift and a 1" BL....its still just a 3.5" lift, and you'd buy the track bars and so forth, and get the shafts at cost or for free or whatever...a good deal either way...and the 1" BL will give you room for articulation of the tires without having to rob uptravel with bumpstop extensions.
I was talking about the 2.5 TF BB kit and the Superlift 4inch kit. Which would be the better route. I was just talking about the rest as being the room I would have for my tires. I confuse myself sometimes sorry. I'm still learning about these JK's.

Back to the question I was really asking. Short and simple, the Terraflex 2.5BB for $225 or the Superlift 4inch for $575 from Northridge?
Old 12-14-2007, 04:19 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Talking

Originally Posted by thumperk15
I was talking about the 2.5 TF BB kit and the Superlift 4inch kit. Which would be the better route. I was just talking about the rest as being the room I would have for my tires. I confuse myself sometimes sorry. I'm still learning about these JK's.

Back to the question I was really asking. Short and simple, the Terraflex 2.5BB for $225 or the Superlift 4inch for $575 from Northridge?

The right answer, for YOU, would be why you need lift.

If you need frame ground clearance, then the 4" gives more than the 2.5"...but it costs about a grand by the time you're done with collateral mods, etc. (Everyone gets the basic/less equipped kits, and then finds that they need to add parts to get it all to work properly/adjusted, etc.

If its diff clearance you need, then larger tires are the hot ticket, as ONLY larger tires give diff/axle clearance.

A 4" SL is considered good for 37's...and a 1" BL on that will allow more uptravel, typically a problem for big meat like that w/o uptravel robbing bumpstop extensions.

The 4" SL gives another 1.5" of frame clearance, and raises your COG enough to notice over stock, but not a crazy difference...but a few mph off your offramp speed kind of a thing.

If you have the $/time...the 4" SL will be a more capable rig, and again, I'd add the 1" BL to either option though.

If you do NOT need the extra 1.5" frame clearance...and 35's are big enough tires for you, then the 2.5" SL makes more sense.
Old 12-14-2007, 06:02 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by TEEJ
The right answer, for YOU, would be why you need lift.

If you need frame ground clearance, then the 4" gives more than the 2.5"...but it costs about a grand by the time you're done with collateral mods, etc. (Everyone gets the basic/less equipped kits, and then finds that they need to add parts to get it all to work properly/adjusted, etc.

If its diff clearance you need, then larger tires are the hot ticket, as ONLY larger tires give diff/axle clearance.

A 4" SL is considered good for 37's...and a 1" BL on that will allow more uptravel, typically a problem for big meat like that w/o uptravel robbing bumpstop extensions.

The 4" SL gives another 1.5" of frame clearance, and raises your COG enough to notice over stock, but not a crazy difference...but a few mph off your offramp speed kind of a thing.

If you have the $/time...the 4" SL will be a more capable rig, and again, I'd add the 1" BL to either option though.

If you do NOT need the extra 1.5" frame clearance...and 35's are big enough tires for you, then the 2.5" SL makes more sense.
I have 35's and the 1in BL but I'm still hitting that blade in front of my back tires, other than that little problem I'm fine. I would like to be big and I don't think I'm not alone on this... . I'm thinking about saving the money for other mods like my Warn rear bumper so I can safely carry my 35in spare without any problems in the future, of Prolined interior, winches and skidplates. I'm thinking if I cut that little blade like thing on my body I just bet I never really hit again and my COG will be a 1inch body and stock suspension height over stock.

I know that I priced a basic kit but I know everything else I need, and my JK is just a toy, I have a '07 Civic SI for DD.

Quick Reply: Need help spending $700