Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Need help from tire/wheel guys PLEASE!!!

Old 08-18-2012, 02:17 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help from tire/wheel guys PLEASE!!!

I have a 2008 JK unlim. with a 2.5" procomp lift and 285/75/16 tires on factory alum wheels. I have stock fender flares and do not want to trim them.

What wheel backspacing will allow me to utilize my current tires and stock fender flares without rubbing when I disconnect my swaybars and wheel a bit. Is there a size that will not rub on the inside of the tire inside or on the fender?

Thank you for the input
Old 08-18-2012, 03:07 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Do you have Extended bump stops.are you using stock rims or 4.75 back spacing should be good or 1.5 spidertrax wheel spacers.
Old 08-18-2012, 04:04 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by gunbo75
Do you have Extended bump stops.are you using stock rims or 4.75 back spacing should be good or 1.5 spidertrax wheel spacers.
I am currently using stock rims. I want to go away from them. Are you saying that if I go with 4.75" bs I would not rub on inside or outside of tire even under moderate articulation with sway bar disconnected?
Old 08-18-2012, 04:39 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The back spacing keeps your tires on the front from rubbing on the sway bars the bump stops keeps the tires from rubbing on the under side of the fender. I am not sure how tall your tires are but for example i have teraflex 2.5 coil lift and the kit comes with bump stops and 1.5 wheel spacers with 34"tires. I hope I helped you understand that you need both bump stops and wheel spacing to not have any rubbing.

Quick Reply: Need help from tire/wheel guys PLEASE!!!