Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

NEED HELP!!! (track bar, steering problems)

Old 06-16-2011, 03:30 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NEED HELP!!! (track bar, steering problems)

I have an 09 wrangler sahara. i put a 2.5 inch lift on it and threw on some 22" rockstar rims. My rear track bar brace has just recently bent so the frame is a little off from the axle. is it safe to drive on until i get it fixed? why did the brace on the axle end bend to start off with? the front one also snapped off at one point but i had it re welded. Do i get stronger track bars and braces? as you can see i dont no much about this stuff but i NEED HElP! im sick of sending it in the shop
Old 06-17-2011, 09:29 AM
JK Newbie

It bent just from everyday driving, with the occasional off roading with the buddies, which might have done it... not sure. i just looked at it last week and saw the problem and i think i taking to are local welding place and im ganna have them reinforce it.
Old 06-17-2011, 09:42 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer
EVO MFG Representative

Not exactly sure what is bent and by how much, but you really should get this fixed if it looks like it may come off, as soon as possible whether rewelded/gusseted stock and or new stronger bolt-on bracket.

This may help you out.

http://www.offroadevolution.com/stor...d=EVO-REAR-RCC

Last edited by Andrew@EVOMFG; 06-17-2011 at 09:52 AM.
Old 06-17-2011, 11:26 AM
JK Jedi Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Click image for larger version

Name:	file_1_2.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	27.2 KB
ID:	172602Teraflex has one aswell for the rear axle

Quick Reply: NEED HELP!!! (track bar, steering problems)