Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Whats the best seat covers

Old 06-16-2011, 07:49 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Whats the best seat covers

I'm looking to get some neoprene seat covers for my 2 door. What's the best brand. Do they fit nice and tight? I just want to protect my seats while on the trails and from the sun this summer. Do they keep the seats dry under them if it gets wet or hosed off?
Old 06-16-2011, 08:08 PM
JK Enthusiast

I have the Smittybuilt ones in my 2-door. I think the quality is pretty decent, especially for the price (they have specials where you buy the front ones and get the rears for free). I've had mine for about a year and no complaints really.

Sorry, I don't have any real good pictures of them...maybe this will do?

Old 06-16-2011, 08:16 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by 07tungsten
I have the Smittybuilt ones in my 2-door. I think the quality is pretty decent, especially for the price (they have specials where you buy the front ones and get the rears for free). I've had mine for about a year and no complaints really.

Sorry, I don't have any real good pictures of them...maybe this will do?
Thanks. The smittybilt covers were the ones I was looking into because of the price and free back seat special. So, they are water resistant?
Old 06-16-2011, 08:27 PM
JK Enthusiast

I like my Coverkings. Good Price, Good Quality.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG00289-20110403-1058.jpg
Views:	222
Size:	52.4 KB
ID:	172486   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG00288-20110403-1058.jpg
Views:	192
Size:	59.4 KB
ID:	172487  
Old 06-16-2011, 09:15 PM
JK Newbie

Default Wet Okole

Just want to chime in with my .02 I bought the wet okole front and rear seat covers for my 08 Rubicon and have had them for close to 3 years now. The fit of the actual seat covers is pretty good. The headrest covers on the other hand...... they are too large for the headrest and just, well.... poorly made. I ordered the seat covers with the piping option ( a colored stripe that outlines the seat bottom and backrest ). It took about 6 months for the material ( of the piping ONLY ) to fray and eventually come apart.

On a positive note..... they have certainly served their purpose and done a good job of it. I have spilled coffee, water, soda, etc. on them and the seat underneath looks brand new. I also have the side impact air bags and W.O. are one of the few companies that offer a seat cover that accommodates that safety feature. They were not cheap but not too expensive either. On a 10 scale, I would say they are about an 8.
Old 06-16-2011, 09:38 PM
JK Jedi Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by karls10jk
marathon seat covers are the best IMO, but the price is what scares people off. they are water resistant/ repellant, they wear great and are tough to beat.
X2.... thats what i have.

I've had several neoprene ones over the years on all my jeeps. The longest any of them has lasted before falling apart is 2yrs. I can tell the marathons will prolly outlast the jeep.
Old 06-17-2011, 04:41 AM
JK Jedi Master

I should add that out of the different brands of neoprenes, Wet Okoles are the best, they lasted me the longest in one of my jeeps , no fading, ripped before they had a chance too fade if ever. I totally abuse my covers though. I run a bikini top on my jk the same way I've run my cj's. 8-9 months outta the year and or topless and doorless. The neoprenes are not waterproof , water soaks through them. The Marathons I have now dry very quickly, quicker than the neoprene. The only beef I have with then is the rear seats have no opening for the paddle latch to flip the seat down. Why , I dunno, maybe it's just mine. I got mine second hand from Armycop when he sold his jk.
Old 06-17-2011, 05:06 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by mkjeep
The neoprenes are not waterproof , water soaks through them. .
Neoprene is waterproof and water will not soak through them. I've owned wet okles for years and NEVER had my original seat get wet. If you you mean the cushiony top holds some moisture, I agree. But please don't mislead people telling them that water will soak through them.
Old 06-17-2011, 05:42 AM
JK Jedi Master

Originally Posted by SBEII

Neoprene is waterproof and water will not soak through them. I've owned wet okles for years and NEVER had my original seat get wet. If you you mean the cushiony top holds some moisture, I agree. But please don't mislead people telling them that water will soak through them.
Horse shit, they soaked through on all the neoprenes I've owned, more so when you sit on them. Maybe we have different rain in Louisiana.
Old 06-17-2011, 05:49 AM
JK Enthusiast

I have wet okoleys too, I've had them i'n other vehicles too. They fit perfect all over

Quick Reply: Whats the best seat covers