Need more stopping power - Page 3

Need more stopping power

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Go with the Dynatrac ProGrip system. It fits your budget, is an easy install, and most importantly flat out works awesome. Everything bolts on with no bleeding of the brakes, and no modifications to the master cylinder are needed. Easily on of the best upgrades you can do. You won't be disappointed.

$1000 for rotors, pads, and caliper relocation brackets?

Are those brackets real gold?
    Last edited by Rednroll; 06-16-2017 at 06:50 PM.
    '09 Sahara JKU
    Mods:
    - Mopar BBK, Mopar 2in lift, AEV Front tubeless bumper, skid plate, 12K winch.
    - 315/70/R17 BFG KO2's mounted on DC Gunmetal 7's, TF HD Carrier
    - Ruffstuff HD Tie rod,Synergy HD Draglink,TF Front HD TB,RC X-flex adj front LCA's
    - Katzkin Leather, 7.2 Surround 2800W Infinity Audio System
    My Write-Ups:
    Folding Hitch Cargo Basket with Rear Lighting
    MyGIG RHR (730N) Install
    Android OBD2 Wifi Adapter Setup Guide (No Root)

JK Newbie

If anyone is interested I have a teraflex big brake kit with the slotted rotors (part #4303420) I would like to sell. I bought it when I was planning to use a built Dana 44 but the Dana 60 I ended up with came with big brakes. It is the complete kit all brand new but the rotors are dusty as I pulled them out of he box and they sat on a work bench for about two months.

Quote Originally Posted by Rednroll View Post
    $1000 for rotors, pads, and caliper relocation brackets? Are those brackets real gold?
    that was my question as well. Why $1k.
    2013 JKU Sahara - Deep Cherry Red | Auto 3.21 | Synergy 3" Custom Lift | Cooper 33s | Some Armory Stuff | 50-ish other things now too numerous to remember.

Quote Originally Posted by LoveJeeping View Post
    If anyone is interested I have a teraflex big brake kit with the slotted rotors (part #4303420) I would like to sell. I bought it when I was planning to use a built Dana 44 but the Dana 60 I ended up with came with big brakes. It is the complete kit all brand new but the rotors are dusty as I pulled them out of he box and they sat on a work bench for about two months.
    PM sent.

Quote Originally Posted by casamtb View Post
    that was my question as well. Why $1k.
    $1K wouldn't be too bad, but what additionally got me is that 2/3rds of the parts are meant to wear out. So I had to go look at the cost of those replacement parts which ended up being $504 which are the only parts that essentially could increase your braking. You're paying $500 for caliper adapter relocation mounting brackets for the stock calipers which would be needed due to the larger rotors.

I guess if you don't want to do a real braking system upgrade, then that's the price you have to pay, and then pay again when it's time to replace those parts that are meant to wear out.
    '09 Sahara JKU
    Mods:
    - Ruffstuff HD Tie rod,Synergy HD Draglink,TF Front HD TB,RC X-flex adj front LCA's
    My Write-Ups:
    MyGIG RHR (730N) Install

JK Newbie

did anyone actually go check out the Vanco kit..

JK Big Brake Kit 2007 - 2012
    2011 Rubicon JKU, XD60/PR80 ARB's and 5.38's, 3.8 Atlas, 5.3 LS and 6L80e

That's was my point the parts don't even come close to $1k if u add them up. Unless a set of rotors and pads are all of a sudden $400 per axle. Does anyone know if the caliper adapters are set up for the stock front and rear pad sizes?
    2013 JKU Sahara - Deep Cherry Red | Auto 3.21 | Synergy 3" Custom Lift | Cooper 33s | Some Armory Stuff | 50-ish other things now too numerous to remember.

JK Newbie

This is something I would like to do in the future.

Wanted to thank everyone for the input!

Quote Originally Posted by caryt View Post
    did anyone actually go check out the Vanco kit..

JK Big Brake Kit 2007 - 2012
    Just did, looks pretty good. I guess I'm biased. My reference point is that I installed the Mopar BBK. That Vanco kit is very similar to the Mopar Kit, but Vanco kit cost $1100 but with the Mopar kit you get more and pay less.

This is what the Mopar BBK gives you for $700-$750 and despite what some of the other BBK vendors might try to mislead you to believe, the install is rather simple and doesn't require some special dealer bleeding like they'll try to scare you into believing.

For the rears, I just added some EBC pads to increase stopping power in the rear. With most Front engine, rear wheel drive vehicles such as the JK, most of the braking is applied to the front brakes because that's where the majority of the weight is at. A 60/40 split is pretty common for front engine, rear wheel drive vehicles. I've had my Mopar BBK on for the past 2 years, works great with my 35in tires.
    Last edited by Rednroll; 06-18-2017 at 07:49 AM.
    '09 Sahara JKU
    Mods:
    My Write-Ups:
    MyGIG RHR (730N) Install

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast